What a blessing to have a breeze while going on a walk with my dog. Yesterday morning I started the walk fretting about time and how to get everything done. We are a busy family, our cup overflows. My husband is going to start grad school in the fall and we are juggling ideas around about how we are going to accomplish this goal as a family. As I began my fretful walk my attitude was grumbly and I hoped I could heed the encouragement from Sonya's post to let things roll off- no need to fret.
While blowing off some steam physically my soul and mind became soothed and I could slow my fretting mind down enough to listen. The wind whispering through the trees; I felt more at peace. It made me think of Elijah looking for God in the hurricane strength winds, earthquake and fire but instead finding Him in a gentle whisper. I can not hear the whisper if I am busy fretting. I had to stop my inner dialogue of doubts and fears and allow myself to trust in my husband and in God. Things will all work together for good. We can do all things (the things that are important to God), as Christ will strengthen us and sustain us. I took many deep breaths and I thanked God for the promises we have in Him. We are not in this journey alone He is right there with us. I just have to stop my fretting so I can hear Him and receive the gift of peace.
Dear God,
Thank you for the cooling breeze today. May I continue to turn to You, as You are in control, instead of fretting. Thank you for the gift of your peace. Lord, please surround all mothers and fathers today. May they feel the comfort in knowing how much You love them and give them peace in knowing even when things are hard You are there. Ease their burdens, make them seem lite. In Jesus Name, Amen.
1 Kings 18:11-13 "The Lord said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by." Then a great powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave."
The Lord gives him direction and also a successor.
2 comments:
I believe God does come in the breezes. The same thing happened to a friend of mine in my "Shut up & Listen" post - she was comforted by a breeze and felt the holy spirit. Did you know the Greek word for holy spirit is breath...think how we can feel a breath exhale...the Holy Spirit breath of life, breathing on us through the wind. wow.
I was going to refer you to a blog written by CK called Shut Up and Listen.....but she beat me to it.
Post a Comment