Saturday was a "Covered by the grace of God day" for me. Mid morning, we realized our weekend plans needed to be changed. My husband needed to head down to NC to help out a friend, for a unexpected emergency. The kids and I headed out to the soccer fields for the last game day of our Upwards soccer season. On the way I started to fret. We were going to be late for my oldest son's game. Since it was the last game of the season and it was an award ceremony day, parking would be a challenge. Would I be able to find a coach, to replace my husband for my middle son's team? The anxiety was beginning to grow. I am a worrier by nature and I knew I needed to turn this downward spiral around so that it could be a good game day for the boys. I turned off the radio and asked the children to pray. My prayer went something like this. Dear God, Please be with Uncle B as he is in pain, please give him comfort and healing. Be also with Aunt J as it is frightening to see a loved one sick but even worse to be so far from home. Keep Daddy safe as he drives to get the rest of their family and bring them home. Help us to keep what's most important in our minds not the silly
trivial matters. You know though that the silly trivial matters are what are causing me worry. May I find a coach for the Mustangs. May both my boys feel your loving presence even though their Daddy can not be at their game. May we have an attitude of gratitude instead of disappointment as our day is not going the way we planned but in the way You needed it to be.
We did have to park in the most furthest outstretches of the parking area. My oldest ran on to his game that had just started. I loaded myself, pack mule style, with blanket for sitting on, backpack full of waters and snacks and we trudged on. I stopped by the information desk to report my coaching woes. The response was not favorable as both directors could not help with the Mustangs game. I did get the teams awards and headed to my oldest son's game. Once I got there things began to look up. A mom reported that when my oldest boy had arrived the whole team cheered! I even saw him score a goal before heading to my middle son's, the Mustangs, game. I started to get nervous because up until 5 minutes before game time not a single parent of a Mustang was in sight. Finally they began to arrive. I told them about our morning and they all rallied to make this game great! One of the dad's coached, and a mom made sure the children did not get to hot. The parents had gotten together a gift for my husband, an autographed by the team soccer ball. They had the children pose around it for a picture, since my husband could not be there to see them give it. The day all came together beautifully.
Dear God,
I thank you for the comfort and peace you offer when we pray. Prayer is a gift and the rewards afterward are life changing. I thank you for holding us all under your wing this weekend. I am thankful we are all home. I am especially thankful for the many people You shined through, showing me how much You love and care for us.
Romans 8:26-27 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."
Philipians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcend all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
I Timothy 2:1 "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone."
Uncle B and Aunt J are home with the rest of their family. He is doing better. :)
We did have to park in the most furthest outstretches of the parking area. My oldest ran on to his game that had just started. I loaded myself, pack mule style, with blanket for sitting on, backpack full of waters and snacks and we trudged on. I stopped by the information desk to report my coaching woes. The response was not favorable as both directors could not help with the Mustangs game. I did get the teams awards and headed to my oldest son's game. Once I got there things began to look up. A mom reported that when my oldest boy had arrived the whole team cheered! I even saw him score a goal before heading to my middle son's, the Mustangs, game. I started to get nervous because up until 5 minutes before game time not a single parent of a Mustang was in sight. Finally they began to arrive. I told them about our morning and they all rallied to make this game great! One of the dad's coached, and a mom made sure the children did not get to hot. The parents had gotten together a gift for my husband, an autographed by the team soccer ball. They had the children pose around it for a picture, since my husband could not be there to see them give it. The day all came together beautifully.
Dear God,
I thank you for the comfort and peace you offer when we pray. Prayer is a gift and the rewards afterward are life changing. I thank you for holding us all under your wing this weekend. I am thankful we are all home. I am especially thankful for the many people You shined through, showing me how much You love and care for us.
Romans 8:26-27 "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will."
Philipians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcend all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
I Timothy 2:1 "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone."
Uncle B and Aunt J are home with the rest of their family. He is doing better. :)
3 comments:
Mrs P - I'm glad everything turned out okay, and you picked my favorite verse too. (Phil.)
I hope Mr. P got home safe & sound.
It's such a blessing when we remember to give it to God, and of course everything turns out okay in the end.
Mr P got home safe and just a bit tired :) All is well!
Am glad to see your comment that Mr P got home safe and sound. Loved your pics. I cannot believe how big the one I used to babysit has gotten!
Smile!
Post a Comment