Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mammogram Day

Yesterday was mammogram day for my mom. She is a breast cancer survivior (4 years). It is always a red letter day because of the hold your breath anxiety that goes along with it. The news was good no sign of trouble. I am blessed with a mother whose strength and faith are secure. She knows the Lord is with her and what ever this life brings she will be alright. She comes from a long line of strong women. My grandmother has faced many troubles weathering them all knowing Jesus is her best friend and savior there is no need to fear. My great Aunt Grace also exhibited this strength in her battle with breast cancer. She fought for 2o years and now she is celebrating her victory with Jesus. My mom finds hope in that if her Aunt Grace could battle for 20 years than she can too if she has too and still have a long full life. I am blessed with many role models in faith under pressure.

Yesterday I received a email from a dear friend. She had just returned from a wonderful vacation and heard news from her mom, no daughter or son ever wants to hear. Her mom has breast cancer. Instead of drowning in her fear she was praising God. Praising God because God gave her the words her mom needed to hear along with comforting scripture to back up those words. Promises that He gives us for times such as these. She asked me to pray for her mom.

Dear God,
Please surround my friend's mom with your comfort and care. May she find hope in that You have promised you will never leave us. May she feel her burden lightened as others are lifting her up to you in prayer. Give her doctors and nurses wisdom in helping her to make treatment decisions. Be with my friend as she travels with her small children to be with her mom. Children are such a joy and a gift and offer us motivation to be well. May we be reminded that each moment is a blessing not to be taken for granted. In Jesus Name, Amen

Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenghten you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah 43:2-4 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire you will not be burned' the flames will no set you ablaze. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you."

Matthew 28:20b "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Please pray for my friends mom, God knows the names and the circumstances. We will put this in His hand as God is good all the time.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Cancer must be one of the scariest words in the world. But praise God because he has told us that he is always with us and to not be afraid.

Prayers for your friends mom. And praises for your sweet moms results and for a wonderful role model in your life.

Sue J. said...

I had to have that follow-up mammogram last year, and that time before the follow-up definitely gave me pause for thought. I could worry myself crazy or I could put everything in God's hands and take life one minute at a time. It really was a time of blessing. I am now a candidate for special digital exams....and it's almost that time again (Don't blow off that appointment, gals!)

Very encouraging post today, and prayers for your friend and her mom that God will be all things to them at all times--one minute at a time....

Anonymous said...

The storms may sometimes be over our heads at times, but they are ALWAYS under His feet. God has a plan and we must trust in that as our guide and comfort through life. Blessings to your mom...for being such a role model to you and others and for hearing great news today. Prayers will be lifted up to your friend and her mom as they weather this storm together. We're facing this in my family, too. My aunt is undergoing treatments for stage 4 breast cancer, it is now in her blood. I hope to share your scriptures and thoughts with her soon. Thanks for always keeping it in perspective for me.

My ADHD Me said...

I'm so glad your mom's appointment went well. I think we all know someone that has had or has breast cancer. Most of us know someone that has passed away from it but most of us know MANY more who have beaten it. Just a few decades ago, cancer was a death sentence. Not any more. Especially with early detection. Thank you God for giving our physicians and scientists the knowledge to continue learning more and more about this. One day there will be a cancer vaccine. And then Like Polio and many other diseases like that, it will be a thing of the past.