As a third grader, I was especially tiny. In fact, I was the smallest in my class. Once a note was sent home from my teacher because I had threatened "to get" Becky Turner, who was much bigger than me. All of this drama was over a pink eraser...... I was terrified of the trouble that was sure to ensue from this letter. The whole way home on the bus I fretted. Once home, I took the note to my mom, who was folding clothes in the laundry room. I waited in the next room for my punishment which I feared was to be especially stringent. To my surprise she started laughing! Laughing to the point of tears in her eyes! I am sure she pulled it together enough to talk with me about the importance of getting along with others,(even though I do not remember that part.) Years later, she shared it was just so hysterical -me thinking I could hold my own, going up against such a "giant."
I saw this quote today in my favorite Christian book store, (we were there picking up a Larry's Silly Songs CD).
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, Oh No! She's awake!
Wow! Satan afraid because I am awake....because of the power of the Holy Spirit inside of me! Afraid for the things I do in my day, may seem small but could be HUGE in the grand scheme of things. Afraid- for the love I give away, might just be the love someone needs to feel in order to seek out Christ!
I have never, well except for third grade, thought of myself as a fierce warrior type that could conjour fear in anyone's heart. But with the power of God living inside us...........
Dear Jesus,
With You on our side, we need not fear anything. May we be fierce warriors for you fighting for the souls You died to save. No matter how small we may be with You behind us anything is possible. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Psalm 46:1-2a "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear."
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God di not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-disapline."
Ephesians 6:14-17 "Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.
Join me in keeping our "swords" sharp as we continue to study His Word!
3 comments:
I need to hang that plaque on my fridge! I love it! And I love the idea of sweet you taking on Big Becky. Go ahead, sister! I got your back!
The bigger they are, the harder they fall!
We're loving that quote here at the breakfast table this morning.
Jesus gives us the power to be BRAVE--AH HA! (Our Vacation Bible School Bible Point yesterday.)
We really can have Jesus power and use it whenever we need to. You are a good Dewd! (He was the raindrop Bible buddy riding on a surfboard through life's challenging "waves.")
[OK...Maybe I'm VBS-d out!]
Post a Comment