Earlier today, my oldest son left for Cub Scout camp. He is so excited about camping with his friends! He was sharing with his brother all the great things he will be doing, archery, swimming, campfires, and cook outs. When we were loading him up to go my youngest son started bawling. He wanted to go too. He usually goes along on every adventure with his older brother. We reasured him that next year he can go. This upset him even more because that is a WHOLE year away.
I was mentally kicking myself because I did not plan anything special for this week for my younger son. Isn't hanging out with me enough? Thankfully one of his best buddies was free and we hosted a "camp in" (the weather man was calling for storms.) These two boys play so well together and are "camping out" in our living room!
God created us to be social beings. We were not meant to be alone. We long for fellowship or companiounship. Once this plan was in motion my middle son was happy and excited once again!
Dear God,
Thank you for opportunities for my children to miss each other when they are separated. May they never take eachother for granted. Thank you for friends who help soothe hurts and who walk along with us on our journey. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Ecclesiastes 4:10 "If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"
2 comments:
While I think its good for the boys to have some time apart, I know it is hard on the one left behind!!! What a great mom to create (at least in hindsight!) a great adventure for little one too.
And I'm glad that I have you to help me up when I get down.
One on one time with the kids is important. I bet once the initial disappointment was over, you and your younger one had a great time.
Post a Comment