Today we are going camping! We are off to Crab Tree Falls to do a little hiking, creek splashing and sleeping under the stars (well under a tent)!
Before we had children we could backpack to the top of the falls, hike on into the meadow and set up camp. We snickered at the huge family tents set up with air mattresses and some even had cots. We were too tough for that. Well here we are twelve years later and we drive up to the meadow and unpack our monstrous amount of stuff. We do sleep on air mattresses and have a huge tent.... no one want to sleep alone. Even with all "the stuff" it still is an outdoor adventure!
This week we were studying Jesus first recorded miracle in the Bible. Jesus was with his disciples and Mary, Jesus mother, arranges for this miracle to occur. We were trying to imagine what it would be like to hang out with Jesus and his group of twelve. Our middle son asked does Jesus laugh? We asked him what he thought and he said, "Yes, I think He does-he likes kids." We agreed.
I thought later about the group that followed Jesus. They really knew what was truly important. They travelled lite. I'll bet they did not have a big ol' Colman tent packed on their backs. In the Bible is says repeatedly, that they got up and immediately followed Jesus when called. It has me thinking.... Do I immediately get up and follow when Jesus calls me to action? Hmmmmm.
Dear God,
My hope is that one day You will say to me, "Well done good and faithful servant." Often times I fear I fall short of that goal. I selfishly plan out my day and I am slow to let go of my plans. I may grumble and complain about the many acts of service that I do for my family. That is not a true servants heart. Later I pray for forgiveness looking for ways I could have done better. I thank you for your grace and mercy, as You have already forgiven me. Lord give me the desire to IMMEDIATELY act when you call, saying, "Here I am Lord." And to act with an attitude of joy! In Jesus Name, Amen.
Luke 2:10 "But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people."
Matthew 19:14
"Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. "
Matthew 4:19-20 ""Come and Follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him."
Isaiah 6:8 "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" "
Our sweet dog, Toby will not have to carry a pack!
3 comments:
Ah...such fun! We foresee this day coming in our future, too. Daughter #1 has been camping with Dad several times--pancakes and bacon in the open air....There's nothing like it!
As for walking among the 12, the nearest equivalent we have is walking side by side in our Bible study and in our outreach ministries....Talk about wanting to be a fly on someone's outer garment.... What a joy, indeed!
Have fun! Can't say I have any envy about your day (heat! bugs! And WHERE Is the bathroom??) but I do envy your wonderful spirit, even though you don't seem to give yourself much credit here, I see in you a wonderful woman of God who answers his call all the time.
Have a wonderful weekend!
I have to agree with CK here (it must be in our blood)--Heat, Bugs, Where's the Bathroom?
But I bet you'll make it a great day.
I'll think of you while I lay in a bed, with the air conditioner on....and other accommidations available when needed.
Post a Comment