Sunday, June 22, 2008

Have a Coke and a Smile!

Next week is our twelfth wedding anniversary, while browsing through celebration ideas I came across a challenge: No complaining for 21 days. You commit to twenty one days of no complaining, grumbling or nagging to your spouse. To remind yourself of the challenge you are supposed to wear a bracelet or band on your wrist. I just found a pink beaded bracelet to wear. If you mess up and forget then you switch wrist and start over at day one. (this could take me a long time).



My husband is a sounding board for all of my frustrations. Why should this be? Shouldn't he be getting my best, because he is my husband. So instead of greeting him at the door with wild tales of woe, about exuberant boys and dog running through the house knocking over all the potted plants, woes of no nap, and how much house work I didn't get done; Perhaps, I can greet him with a Coke and a smile!

Dear God, Please help me to be a helper for my husband, like You designed. Keep my tounge restrained from nagging, complaining, and grumbling. May the words I use be encouraging, uplifting; only helpful. Thank you for the blessings You have bestowed on our marriage. In Jesus name, Amen.

Philippians 2:14-16 "Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life-in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing."

Genesis 2:20b-21-22 "But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the Lord God caused ath man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. "

Proverbs 21:18 "Better to live out in the desert, than with a quarelsome and ill tempered wife."


I will let you know how it goes and if he notices!
The positive nickels are working! Rare days they even get the whole dollar! They are saving their monies.
The gratitude journal is still in development. As my boys do not typically like to write they are writing once or twice a week. It will be fun to read back over all of them mabe at Thanksgiving! It also fulfills their teachers reccommendation to keep them writing this summer!

2 comments:

Sue J. said...

Wow....thanks for the updates on all the "projects" you've got going on. That's a lot to keep going!

I suspect you may do better with your "not complaining" than you think. If nothing else, the challenge will allow you to bring your concerns elsewhere. God would rather us talk over our concerns with Him than burdening our hubbies.

Perhaps some pink post-it notes in key places to remind you of the bracelet :-)

As for the boys writing....always best not to force. They'll find some wonderful things to write about with just a little prompting. And, yes, the blessings of that are yet to come!

My ADHD Me said...

"A coke and a smile"---what a woman!