Yesterday on chatty Kelly's blog spot http: chattykellly.blogspot.com , she encouraged everyone to dream!
Dream of anything you'd like to be -the sky is the limit! I dreamed about sky diving or maybe rock climbing. I dreamed on during part of the morning while chasing my three blessings.
Their futures are wide open! They are just beginning the journey. The world is at their feet. Sometimes they hope to be a fire fighter, police officer or a pilot. My oldest has mentioned becoming an engineer, like his daddy, working together, and living next door. My middle child has thought of becoming a veterinarian and moving to Antarctica! My youngest wants to be a Mommy, or possibly Barbie, maybe Dora. Their dreams change almost weekly. 
Tonight my boys will participate in an Eagle Scout ceremony at our church. Eagle scout is the highest honor awarded in scouting and requires years of work and service in the community. Last night as the boys practiced carrying the troupe's flags and lighting the candles I watched this honored young man's parents. Everything was to be perfect for the ceremony to honor their son's achievement. I watched as all the boys from smallest to highest rank carried out their parts seriously because they knew this was an important day in this young man's life.
This young man's dream, may have begun when he was my boys age, is now a reality. He has kept the oath to serve God and country. He has taken the task set before him seriously and has worked hard to obtain this goal. He too is at the beginning of a journey, as soon he will go on to college, and he will probably continue in a lifetime of service to others. What a proud day for his parents and a proud day for us as we watch our young boys honor a friend.
Dear God,
I am so thankful for the young role models you have placed in the lives of my children. Youth who long to serve You for a lifetime. May my son's dream a dream that includes service to You through serving others. With Your help I know they can achieve anything! In Jesus Name, Amen.
Scout Oath
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.
Matthew 25:23 "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness."
1 Peter 2:17 "Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king"
Ephesians 2:10 "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
3 comments:
Thanks for the shout-out, and by the way, I love the new picture at the top!
Isn't it fun to see our kids dreams? And when dreams come true...I look forward to being in the audience when your guys achieve eagle scout!
Hope your busy weekend is very enjoyable.
I hope your children's dreams come true. Your pictures are just adorable!!
Great picture!
You are blessed with God as your Father, and I am sure you will encourage and support your children as you gently lead them on to find their dreams.
I always enjoy reading your posts! They are a blessing.
Post a Comment