To promote an Attitude of Gratitude this week we, as a whole family, are going to keep a gratitude journal. Each day this week we are going to write down the things we are thankful for. (My youngest will have to color a picture.) During our evening meal, while we are all together, each family member can express something that happened that day for which he is thankful. It can be something serious or something funny that brightened our day. I am hoping this will make us more aware of what God is doing in our lives and the many ways he blesses us. May we be overflowing with thankfulness!
Dear God,
We have so many things to be thankful for but in our business and selfishness we miss out on thanking You for so many of our blessings. Lord, I do not want to miss a single blessing You have given. Help my family, through this journal of thankfulness develop a more gratuitous spirit. An Attitude of Gratitude that gives the glory back to You! In Jesus Name, Amen.
Psalm 100:4-5 "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."
Philippians 1:3-6 "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Colossians 2:6-7 "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
Psalm 95:2 "Let us come before him with thanksgiving..."
4 comments:
What a great thing to do. Every night when we say our prayers we each name three things we are grateful for. Sometimes it something big like good health and food to eat but more often it's things like "thank you God that I got to spend extra time on the computer today" or "thank you that I didn't have to eat the dinner mom made" etc...usually from my sweet. Alberquando.
What a great idea. I'll bet some of their ideas (as my adhd me mentioned in her comment) will be funny. Will make another good blog.
This is a sweet thing to do as a family, will your husband journal about what he's thankful for too? It's really great when the kids get to see their parents having grateful hearts.
We've had times at our house, when the kdis seemed especially irritated with one another, and we've had to tell one thing that we liked or appreciated about the other person. That seems to always break the mood. When we're praising nothing negative can remain. Let us know how it goes.
Actually my husband did the first entry! I think it will be alot of fun. My middle child is excited to come home and write in our book. It also will be a great way for us to show our appreciation to each other as well as to God! Glad to hear it has been great at your house too!
Post a Comment