Sunday, August 31, 2008

Down at the Rivah!








This weekend we met some dear family like friends to camp out by the river! Now, this type camping is a lot different from our usual pitch a tent in the middle of no where camping, this was like camping at the Hilton or maybe the Holiday Inn!













We had pancakes, sausage, bacon, and coffee in the morning! No need to worry about food spoilage with two refrigerators on site! The kids played Frisbee, football and baseball while the adults cleaned up.




We rented John boats to go out fishing! Since I do not fish, I simply enjoyed the beautiful scenery!



Later in the day the Mr P and Uncle B took the boys out to really fish. Each boy was in a boat with either dad or their uncle. They loved going on this all boy adventure! They did catch at least one fish and many almost catches! The fish tales were honest, not embellished, as fisherman sometimes do!










While the "men" fished we girls "relaxed" at the pool by catching two giggling three year olds! After our swim we showered outside (suits on!) in the outdoor shower! We even took a nap inside an air conditioned camper!


When the boys returned they were tired, sweaty, and ready to relax!
In the evenings after a yummy meal we'd sit around under an open tent shelter (complete with party lights!) and play games with friends. Our friends camp with a group, and they were a delight to meet, and fellowship with.
In the morning were were awakened by rumbling thunder in the distance so we zipped up the boys tent and awaited the storm. We slept peacefully as a gentle rain pattered on our tent (Mr P, my youngest and I). The boys later reported on how they were awakened to drops of water falling on their heads and then they discovered they were sleeping on a water bed!
We packed up our damp, and some soaking wet gear, hugged our fabulous hosts and headed back home. All in all it was a fun adventure!
Later, the day cleared, so we put our tents and tarps all back up to dry in the sun. The children played on their swing set as a gentle breeze set in. I noticed some yellow leaves were in the back corner of our yard and felt happy and sad at the same time, as they summer season is now coming to a close.
We have had some wonderful adventures together this season and I know there will be more for the Fall, but I long to cling to the moment and squeeze every ounce of joy the days bring! We had a coming home, celebratory, take out pizza dinner and played a game of Monopoly before sending them off to bed.
Dear God,
Oh how I thank you for making the seasons. There are so many fun things to do and enjoy out in the world. Thank you for dear friends who share their lives with us. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:

7 comments:

Edie said...

I so love coming over here and taking these mini vacations with you. I haven't been camping in ages. How fun and relaxing this looks. Glad you all got to spend this time with new friends. :)

Nancie said...

Hi, I came over from Edie's blog. So wonderful that your family can go for camping and met such lovely friends. Thank God for dear friends who share their lives with us. These friends are so precious and such gifts from God!

Kelly said...

What a wonderful trip. Your family is so blessed.

Tomorrow we hit the grindstone - back to school! But they'll pack up those summer memories, like you pack their lunch, and they'll take both to school. One will feed their stomach, the other will feed their spirit.

Thanks for sharing the fun with us via blog.

Sue J. said...

You really have taken a lot of great adventures this summer. It wasn't all that long ago when it seemed like you wouldn't be able to travel at all...but God has been so good!

And the kids are obviously bored with all the travel. (Son #2 in the chair, relaxing, is priceless!)

Indeed, take it all in. Much to reflect back upon as the Fall days come upon us. But, it's all good!

P.S. Congrats on your blog award! We're obviously making some outstanding connections out there in the Blogosphere....

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

This was a grat post, you painted such a rich picture that I felt I was there camping with you! I even swatted a mosquito, wait that really did happen! LOL!

You have become an excellent writer. Your stories are so full of description and I enjoy reading them.

I also would love to know where you camped. maybe you could e-mail me, my hubby and I are looking for good campsites with fishing. We are overdue for a fall campout. :)

My e-mail is: razn6@netzero.net

Love,
Sonya

My ADHD Me said...

Only you can make camping sound like fun, to me. I think CK and I have mentioned before that we are definately NOT into sleeping outside....but you always seem to have SO much fun!

Van said...

I enjoyed joining you for your trip to the rivah. Great memories and loads of fun. Sounds like good eatin' too!