Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Prayer for My Husband


Today is an important day for Mr P in his career. He has been diligently striving towards a goal for several years now and he is at a place where his hard work could now come to fruition.

For the first ten years of my marriage my husbands career has been a place where I have often prayed for what I wanted, relocation closer to where we both grew up. About two years ago my husband and I both came to terms with the realization that God does not have that in our immediate plan. Those days of realization were a rugged, rough, place in in our adventurous journey together. For that reason I was not sure how to pray for my husband today. I shared this with my dear sweet mom, who in all of her wisdom suggested I pray that what ever God wills is what should happen. I also would like to pray for peace for him, what ever the outcome.

When he comes home today may I pray with him to help lift the weight of any stress he may have and reassure him that God's Will shall prevail.


Dear God,
Please bless my husband today so that he may become the man You created him to be. You know how hard he has worked and the dedication he has put into his job. You have given him the strength and endurance for hard work and also the fairness and kindness to lead others well. May Your Will in this time of transition prevail and may we have peace with the outcome. In Jesus Name, Amen.

2 Corinthians 9:8 "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."

Matthew 7:7-8 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

4 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

I said a prayer for Mr P. & you.
Hope everything works out.

Runner Mom said...

Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog today! I really appreciate the encouragement! It's such an exciting place to be--but I know that satan is lurking around. He's already tapped on my shoulder several times today! I just kept reminding myself of some scriptures, and I am fine!

I am so excited that you like to run! Keep it up! Always have fun with it--don't treat it like it's exercise but just part of your lifestyle:).

I read your blog--it's great! I love the prayers that you've included. I also love the pictures! I have been to Montreat for a marathon--it's beautiful there. Are y'all nearby? We're about an hour south near Greenville.

Hope you have a great evening! Almost time for the Olympics!! Woohoo!
Blessings,
Susan

Kelly said...

Hi Friend. Selfishly I hope that you guys stay here. You are so special to my family, in so many ways.

But I pray for God's will and your peace about it, that you all end up exactly where you belong.

And you have one smart mama. :-)

Kacey Elliott said...

WOW - this post hit very close to home for me! We have been in that situation for nearly three years and like you I often pray that we get closer to family. But I also know that I need to make the best of what we do have and appreciate the people we have around us. That time will come, and although some days are harder than others, I know that we are fortunate. I hope the outcome for Mr. P is positive; please keep us posted!