Thursday, August 28, 2008

How to Tire Three Kids!




During our beach days we took an afternoon to visit Jockey's Ridge. The kids love to climb the huge sand dunes and then run, or roll down! It feels almost like snow only not cold!










The boys always say it looks like a planet from the Star Wars movies. They also like to pretend it is a deserted desert and as they climb they pant out, "Water, water, I need water."


It's also a great place to fly a kite!




It's the climbing up and down the dunes that works them out only they seem to have plenty of energy even after going up and down three and four times while I am bushed after adventuring along after them!




Here is a video of my youngest and I running down the dunes!





Afterwards we were off to go cart race!



We always tend to plan more than we can do so next year maybe we will play putt putt, visit the Wright Brothers Memorial/Museum and go to the Aquarium.



See you next summer!

4 comments:

Sue J. said...

OH....the OBX trip was SO long ago now, for us. What a wonderful getaway! I never get tired of going there (though, like you and Mr. P, am massively tired at the end of each day!).

Great trip before school starts....the kids will enjoy talking about their adventures with their friends. And there's something about beach photos that show us at our best.

Enjoyed it! Beach reflections coming soon to my blog....D#1 is hardly waiting!!

My ADHD Me said...

I absolutely love the pictures. The close up of your daughter and the one of your 2 boys were my favorites.
It would be hard to go there and NOT roll down the hill. Of course I would like a ski lift to get back up the hill. And probably traction for the next day for my back!

Edie said...

Ok, next time I'm gonna stow-away in your suticase. :)

I loved the video. Going down that hill looked like fun but coming back up wasn't so appealing. So glad you had such a great time.

On another note... Please join us for a certificate of achievement presentation for ADHD at my blog. Feel free to bring a guest. :D See you there!

Kelly said...

Great photos! So sweet. I know you all had a blast. I can't imagine going up & down the hills more than once. And getting sand in my shoes. oh my. I'm just an indoor gal. :-)