My husband treated me by taking all of the children to flag football practice so I could just enjoy some time to do well, anything I wanted! I fixed a nice cool diet coke and headed out to our deck with a stack of magazines I had been hoping to read! It felt luxurious and decadent to mearly sit out on my deck, with my feet up reading ideas for summer, clearly I am behind, and ideas for back to school! All of the ideas were upbeat and positive! I felt renewed and recharged ready to tackle, well, life with three children!
I may even instate Tuesdays as a night the children can take turns being crowned chef. The chef gets to plan the family meal, all the way down to the shopping list and estimate of costs. They can help prepare and serve! We will all have to thank the chef! See how fun magazines can be!
I encourage you all to take some kid free/household chore free time sometime soon to recharge!
Dear God,
I thank You for time away to just take a deep breath and relax. With no task to be completed, or list to be made, no one to make many requests, just chill out time! Lord, renew my mind. Make it fresh and full of optimistic hope for our days so that joy and laughter will fill our home. In Jesus Name, Amen.
"Ours is a little home
newly begun.
So, we would ask of Thee,
Lord, let it always be
chuck full of fun.
Homes, even the newest ones,
often are full of
things unexpected, gray;
so let it be alway
bursting with love.
This, and above it all,
one special plea:
'mid outward storms, still it
and storm or calm, fill it,
Lord full of Thee."
Ruth Bell Graham
Exodus 33:14 "The Lord replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
Isaiah 30:15 "This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, "
4 comments:
Do you think your hubby will take my 2 to Flag Football practice too? LOL!!
Nothing is sweeter than mommy time, especially during the summer months when we are with our darlings 24/7.
I'm glad you had a chance to refresh & renew. Especially after a stay home sick day this week!
I think that's why I'm hardly waiting for school to start, as I haven't really had the chance to sit with magazines and a coffee with my feet up (except that day I was sick, and that doesn't come close to what you're describing!)
We all need to build in some time for such activities, so long as the rest of our days are balanced with the other things the Lord wants us to do--we just need to accept that REST is one of them!
Ah yes! Me time! Alone Time! Just time to sit back and relax. A chance for quiet. A chance to work on a project or to do just nothing!
Many people say, "don't worry, you'll get plenty of that when they are grown and gone". But that is in the future and as for the present, I think we are ALL better parents and even better people after a break from the chaos of kids etc....even if it is just a few hours, it gives us time to refuel and keep going.
I enjoyed your post!
Ruth Grahams words always warm my heart!
Yeah for quiet relaxation time :)
Post a Comment