Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday Tip: Date Escape!

My husband and I noticed that in our busy schedule we were not setting aside enough time to "date" each other. We were busy with our children, church, work and school. We needed to set aside time for us to reconnect not as a mom or dad but as sweet hearts.







I decided a perfect spot for our little "dates" would be out on the deck of our home. That way the TV would not be a distraction, nor would projects or undone chores loom over us causing us to feel too busy for some time just for us. I found inexpensive lights and posted them on the railing around our deck and put out citronella candles to set the mood as well as keep away the bugs. After tucking the kids in bed we will go out to our retreat to talk about our day or simply share ideas. It is an inexpensive and easy way to sneak in a little romance into our lives!

Check out other great tips at Wonder Woman Wonders!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

You are a wise woman! I think perhaps you are the Wonder Woman! I'll bet your husband thinks so too.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. Of course I want to add a hot tub to the picture... which takes it from the realm of a date to a vacation. Slightly more money. LOL

I'll be back here. Look forward to getting to know you.

My ADHD Me said...

My responses to your posts are starting to sound redundant, but you REALLY are an amazing wife and mother.

On Purpose said...

This is a great idea! Especially for those of us with young children and when money is tighter! Thank you for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your date escape looks wonderful and sounds awesome. What a great tip...and as always, a great reminder for all of us to slow down, take a breath, enjoy life, and love one another. Thanks for sharing and for inspiring me once again!

Sue J. said...

I think this looks so inviting. We would have to stay up so late to make something like this work, but it does look so relaxing.

We have a candle in a Chianti bottle that we pull out for Italian meals, but with the girls around, it really isn't the same....ha, ha!

Wonder if your young millionaires ever cast a glance out the back way to check you out? It's a healthy lesson in romance!

Eve said...

That sounds like a wonderful idea. I read somewhere, that the best gift you can give your children, is to be happy together.