Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm Going to Brush That Hair Right Off of My Dog!

Most pet owners I've talked to have an on going battle with hair! Their beloved pet's hair is everywhere and can be a real problem! The first few warm days of spring brought this problem on at our house. Even if I vacuumed twice a day and diligently brushed our dog we still had hair on our floor. It does not help matters much that we have white carpet in our family room and a black dog.



My neighbor, who also has pets found a solution! This solution, however, is a bit pricey. It is a special comb called the Furminator! Even the name sounds like it is dauntingly up to the task! One of her workout buddies recently purchased one and lent it out to her to try. She came over last night so we could try it out on Toby.













Here is the before photo..........








The comb was easy to use and Toby lavished in the attention. It's not everyday your neighbor comes over and brushes you!
We brushed off lots of hair and later I did his nails so he was feeling like a new dog!





As I was feeling excited about such a marvelous comb I began to think, even though the comb works well I would still need to continue in my diligence to brush him everyday.



Kind of like the sin in our lives. Try as I may I can not rid myself of my sins on my own. There is not one tool I could use to take it off. I must daily reconnect with my Lord and Savior. I must daily, sometimes even more than once a day, pray for forgiveness and ask for help in true repentance.


Just because I am a Christian does not mean I do not have any sin in my life. To say that I have no sin would be untrue and would make the sacrifice Jesus made for me loose it's meaning. I am a sinner and in need of Jesus to save me from that sin. He is the sin terminator, I only have to give them to Him in confession, pray for forgiveness and seek true repentance . He paid for my sins already, my debts been paid!








Dear God,
May I never become so proud as to forget who I truly am.... a sinner in need of You. Please forgive me for my sins and may I freely give that same forgiveness to those who hurt me. I thank you for sending Your son to die for my sins and that He rose again from the dead in triumph, so that we all might be freed to live eternally in fellowship with You. In Jesus Name, Amen.


Proverbs 28:13 "He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy."

1 Timothy 1:16 "But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life."


1 Timothy 2:5 "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."



PS Toby really was not as hairy as the "before" picture.

3 comments:

Sue J. said...

Gotta say, he looks like an entirely different breed of dog! HA! Thanks for the clarification on the photos...

And, yes, you will still have to brush, but sometimes it's helpful to have a tool that the dog will like, too (works on the kids, sometimes....)

As for the message, the 2nd Toby picture explains it all--when we confess our sins, He is faithful and just, and will forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (leaving it in a big pile away from us, as it were).

Anonymous said...

WOW! Are you sure it is the same dog? I think I need to get one of those brushes. It could save me a few visits to the groomer!
Vonda

Kelly said...

Love the analogy. A good story always makes the message hit home.

I think I need a grooming!