We had such wonderful plans to go on a fun adventure to a park and nature center with friends, but our plans came to a halt the moment my youngest started down the stairs. She was sick so we settled in for a "sick day". Thankfully the boys were very good sports about the change in plans and helped me make the patient a covered spot on the couch, along with a bin to get sick in. They scooted to the far side of the couch, and let her pick a girlie movie to view. They did not even complain when she fell asleep mid movie. They read her books and held her cup as she took just a few sips.
By lunch time she was feeling a good bit better and did eat part of the picnic we'd packed for our outing. She napped again in the afternoon while they noisily played outside to let off some steam. They hushed our dog, Toby, when the UPS man came with a package so as not to wake her. They were happy when she came down for dinner.
After dinner she was feeling much more like her self so they all ran though the house like the wild children they sometimes can be. My husband was away at a Cub Scout planning meeting so I was refereeing alone. I was happy they were all so exuberant but exasperated by the chaos.
Later after all of my imps were bedded down and my husband came home to re-tuck them in. (they needed a kiss from Daddy) We sat down to talk about our day. I shared my frustration, and he gave me much needed reassurance. Then I logged on to check out some blogs I read Edie's tip about First Things First, if you have not read it please do! That tip really spoke to me today as a way to calm the chaos and keep them focused cheerfully! Her blog encouraged me today.
I am blessed everyday by lots of women in what they share on their spots. (I am going to ask Chatty Kelly how to put a list of my favs on the side of my blog!) You know who you are because I usually check in with you just about every post. Thank you ladies for journeying through this adventure along with me and sharing a little bit of your life. What you share truly blesses me!
Dear God,
I am thankful for the encouragement given by these very inspirational women of God through their writings. They daily offer things you have whispered to them through Your Holy Spirit; and they share it so that others may see Your love. May we all keep our eyes on You and continue to encourage one another on the path You've chosen. In Jesus Name, Amen.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 ...so let us ...Encourage one another!
4 comments:
Hi! I'm so glad little girl is feeling so much better.
I too am inspired by all this woman of faith in this crazy blogging community together! It's wonderful.
And great job linking up your favs! Thanks.
I had a bout of tummy bug myself while we were away. Thankfully, too, the 24-hour variety. It's not fun though.
What gentlemen your boys are for being such great attendants! It's hard to be so quiet and giving for a long stretch. (Perhaps you needed a good running around and happy yelling session out in the yard! We all do get that way....)
Can't believe we're all still out there doing this, and it does make me wonder what God has planned for us all in this venture. It's so great to hear your voice daily--thanks!
This post touched me today. It reminded me that no one wants to be sick, but it happens and as a family we need to get through it together. What an awesome support system you have built in the foundation of your family!
I loved visiting your blog today!
What kind-hearted little gentlemen you are raising! I am so impressed. And boy was I blessed when I that my tip from Chatty Kelly's "flop" (not) meme encouraged you. It wasn't really my tip, it was God's.
I'm going to go look around for a picture of Toby. I notice a post you have with a title that mentions something about brushing off all his dog hair. I can so relate cause my Tobi (she's a girl) is the sheddingist dog I ever saw!
Blessings!
Post a Comment