Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Few Days At The Beach



We recently took a trip to the beach! We all had a wonderful time! The children are not tired at all, but we are exhausted! The boys loved the ocean and boogie boarding. This was the first time I've boogie boarded since I was probably twelve years old! I was definately out of practice but thanks to tips from the boys I caught on quick.















We drove out on the beach, set up a tent shelter, and spent the day! It was like we had our own little Patterson beach.



















My youngest did not like the waves at all. She would stand at the edge of the water and as the waves would come, turn around and run! She'd sing, "You can't catch me!" "You can't catch me!" She did enjoy all of the sand. We made sand castles, lots of cakes, and even a Christmas tree! (She even sang a few carols).















We flew our kite, played football, and the children chased and caught a few sand crabs, or buggies, as my youngest called them!




We enjoyed our time on the coast marveling at God's wonderful creation!

3 comments:

Edie said...

What a great time! I am so jealous right now. :) I grew up in CA and went to the beach all the time and I so miss it. Sand crabs, body surfing, sand castles, sunburns, ok well maybe not the sunburns. :)What beach was that you were at?

Anonymous said...

My roots are sea oats. I love the beach in any season and all types of weather. (Except lightning storms!)

Kelly said...

Looks like you had the place to your self! What fun. And those waves, wow! I'd have been running back to the sand too (dare devil that I'm NOT).

Great memories!