"How was camp?"
"Fun."
"What was your favorite part?"
"Mud slide."
For the details we have to wait and they come out here and there, over time; perhaps at dinner, on a bike ride, or while throwing Frisbee. Here is the information we have gathered so far.
He enjoyed the mudslide the most. The mudslide is a big hill they pour water down and the kids slide into a huge hole of mud. I know it does not sound appealing but my little boy LOVES it. He was most excited because this year he was able to slide down from higher up, since he is older, and therefore could go faster! I did wash out his clothing from this event as his younger brother may want to experience this at a later summer.
They did sing songs, however when asked which ones, he could not remember. I will have to wait for his younger brother's camp adventures to hear about songs. Each of my boys went to the same preschool and I never heard songs from my oldest while he was attending, but then when my younger boy went, my oldest somehow knew all of the songs.
They had vespers out by the lake and this was so cool because their group got to sit on the dock. On the last night they had a camp fire and it was in the lake!

They read the Bible every day and he has been doing so since he came home. He is excited about Saul, David and Jonathan and their rather tumultuous relationship. He's quoted John 3:16 several times. He has known this scripture but had never just out of the blue quoted it unless required for Sunday School or Upwards sports.
They made a dessert called a banana boat by putting a banana wrapped in tin foil with chocolate sauce, marshmallows, and caramel wrapped up, and placed in the fire. He said it was very good.
They went tubing and canoeing on the lake. They watched an older group enjoy a pirating adventure. He climbed the climbing wall.
He said he met a really neat girl.... I asked, well what made her neat? (I was expecting that she was pretty, sweet or even cute.) He said she was funny and made everyone laugh. I am glad he is looking more towards personalities than outward appearances.
He made some good friends.
When sorting out his laundry I noticed his socks were dirty on both sides. How did he do that? I do not know.
We all took a nap that afternoon: the huge pile of laundry was just to daughting to face and it was such a relief to have him home!
And here is what my son wrote about camp.....the rest of the story!
Summer camp was fun this year. I got to meet some new friends and I saw old friends too.
I read my bible every day at rest time. I love singing and dancing at breakfast \lunch\dinner.
I like vespers .The first night and the third night we stuck our feet in the water.
On the third night we made a floating fire. It was cans with a grill on top.
I learned the game of black magic. I know the secret of the game.
I went tubing .I broke the camp record for standing up on the tube.
2:57
THE END I AM SO TIRED.
3 comments:
Socks dirty on both sides means either he wore them twice, once each way...or his feet were quite dirty when he put his socks on!! LOL.
Vespers? I had to ask my hubby what it meant! I've never heard that word before.
I'm so glad you sweet son is back home. And a girl!?! Oh my. Not yet.
See you tomorrow! Can't wait.
It won't be long before girls will be calling. Last week 4 girls came to our door one evening to get Alberquando (12 yrs old) to come out and play flashlight tag with them. he acted like it was no big deal....but I think he was impressed.
I am so glad that he had such a good time...and I am glad that you blogged his memories for him so that you guys will always remember them (and can look back on them when your younger son heads to camp!). The banana boat sounds delish, dirty socks means he hads LOTS of fun outside, and I am impressed that he is looking for such great qualities in new friends...male or female (yikes!)
Glad he's back with you and you guys got to enjoy a snooze today!
Post a Comment