Cub Scout meetings are starting up again and the boys, Daddy included, all needed their uniforms to be in order. I am not talented with a needle, in fact even sewing buttons could present a challenge for me! I was determined to sew the pack number onto my husbands shirt. This probably would take the normal wife only minutes to complete. It took me two hours start to finish. I am confident I can beat that time next go round-hopefully not any time soon!
I went through the Bear cub book to see the requirements needed for my oldest to get his bear badge. There are a lot of neat things for us to do together as a family! I am looking forward to cooking with him, going to historical sites, camping, planning a fire escape and executing a drill, exploring household plumbing, building models, weather vanes, bird houses, rockets, back yard golf course, and he needs to know how to sew on a button! I giggled at that one! We are going to do it.......together!
Don't worry I did not make Mr P kiss my toe!
Marvelous Monday News
Update on a previous post/prayer request. A Prayer for my husband. http://thepatterson5.blogspot.com/2008/08/prayer-for-my-husband.html
He got the job! Same office, head of his section! He does get to "move" to an cubicle with a window view and bigger work space! He has worked so hard for several years hoping for this move. I am very proud and excited for our whole family in his transition! Of course we had to celebrate! 




Thank you all for your prayers!
7 comments:
Congratulations to Mr P on the job, and God bless his praying wife. :) I love the celebration you had to honor him.
Cub Scout activities look like lots of fun for you and your son. I love to sew, so I am ammused when someone has difficulty with a button. (Not in a negative way!) :D Have fun sewing buttons, I'm confident you'll do a fine job!
What exciting news!! Rejoicing with you today!!
HOORAY!!!!! That is the most excellent news. Hooray for Mr. P.
And hooray for you - Proverbs 31 woman & wife, for sewing your husband's patches. I prefer #1 Tailor, 24 hour service and cheap. LOL!
Huge Congratulations to Mr P and your whole family! What another great reason to celebrate!
Go go on the sewing-it does take time! Here's to a great year of scouting for everyone! They always wear those uniforms so proudly, don't they?
That is so fabulous! Congrats to Mr. P and the whole family! It is so nice to see his efforts pay off. What a beautiful celebration you all had for him. As for your button trials, it gets easier with practice :-)
You are NOT alone in your struggle to sew. I can handle a button, but last year I had to make adjustments to one of the girl's ballet costumes. That was a true test for me, but I did it. I won't tell you how long it took me though!!
Congratulations Mr. P on the new job!!
OOPS! I bet you want to know who made the last statement. It was VK!!
Post a Comment