Before choir practice our director shared a devotion about worship. A young girl asks her dad, what is worship? He tells her worship is when we go to church on Sunday and hear the pastor's sermon. I think we would all agree that is not worship.
In heaven angels and men bow down before God and they are singing praises to Him. Worship is more about heaven and not so much about here. She went on to share that as Christians our lives should be worship to God.
This part stuck with me: My life should be worship. Every moment should bring glory to God.
Our purpose is to worship and bring glory to God. Am I doing that every moment of my day?
Definitely something I need to pray about.
"Go with us Lord and guide the way
through this and every coming day
That in Your presence strong and true our lives may be our gift to you. "
(another hymn/song I will just have to sing for you sometime)
Dear God,
May we live out our lives as reflectors of Your love, mercy and kindness as we interact with others. May we praise You in each and every blessing. Lord may we praise You in our hardships as You are in control; we trust You; You have a plan to transform our character. May we live in such a way that You receive the glory and honor and may it be a gift for you to treasure. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Psalm 95:6 "O come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker."
Revelations 7:15 "For this reason they are before the throne of God, and worship him day and night within his temple, and the one who is seated on the throne will shelter them."
6 comments:
I read that little story in today's daily devotion from David Jeremiah. You are so right. That is not worship. Everything that we offer up to God, whether it be our tinyest thought to our greatest endeavor is an act of worship.
"Every moment should bring glory to God." - Amen & Amen!
I used to think worship was going to church and singing hymns etc. I have been reading the Purpose Driven Life (yes, it is a 40 day book that I have been reading for a couple of months now). Anyway, I read there, the same thing you are saying. We should worship God in everything we do.
I love singing praise songs to worship God, but I do miss the mark in making every moment bring glory to God. Miss it by a mile!
But I do love that Guy. :)
Just wrote about this, and it's still a mighty challenge. As if the things I say and do that fall short in the earthly realms aren't enough of a problem, to not have worship down is distressing, too.
Praise God that His mercy is everlasting and His truth endures to all generations!
Praying and praising along those lines, meditating in that way "all the day long" is what He is worthy of receiving.
Thank you for highlighting for me today...EVERY!
May my every moment bring a smile to His face!
Love this post...actually love all of your posts as usual. Always ground me and bring me back to where my focus should be, on Him. I am trying to remember that it doesn't (or shouldn't) mean a morning prayer or night time ritual for me. I should look to glorify Him in all that I do...all day long. So, I am working on having a conversation with him throughout my entire day and praising Him for all that He has done for me!
Post a Comment