Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Kissing Pumpkin



Today was cool and rainy, it felt like fall to me. I even had to pull out my jeans. It would have been a great day to snuggle back in bed with a hot cup of tea. After homework and music practice the kids and I snuggled together on the couch and watched a movie. It was too rainy to be outside.




After the kid's bedtime Mr P and I pulled out our fall decorations. Every year we put up "the kissing pumpkin." It is kind of like mistletoe so every time you walk under it you must get a kiss. We started this tradition long before we had children. Since they've come along I have many happy memories of cherub like toddlers running to the pumpkin so Mommy will run over to give a kiss! Now, with the boys, they will run under it so Mom will chase them for a kiss!




The pumpkin is missing two of it's pretty streamers and is starting to show it's age but I will probably continue to put it up without fail for years and years.




Who can resist a kissing pumpkin!
Mr P is under the pumpkin!........ I'm off to give a kiss!

9 comments:

Edie said...

What a cute tradition! One that is sure to live on though your family history. So just how did this tradition get started? hmmmmm

Sue J. said...

When I first saw the title I thought "The Kissing Hand," not mistletoe. But how sweet, regardless, that you all do this and have done this for years!

There's already so much bad stuff out in the world, and September's and October's holiday decorations often accentuate the wrong thing! (D#1 won't go into Michaels because of the creepy displays.)

To lift the cheery pumpkin and encourage lovingkindness is really a joy! (Great idea for a wedding gift....years down the line!!)

The Patterson 5 said...

All of our crazy children (maybe crazy due to their raising) will probably want one. This morning they were so excited to see the kissing pumpkin, Peanuts (Snoopy, Lucy, Charlie Brown tree), a candy corn joke teller, and various pumpkins. My middle son kept getting under the pumpkin and would say, "Mooommmm I neeeeeddd a kissssss!" Then right before I'd get there he'd dash away so I'd chase him! It's a wonder we made it to the bus stop on time!

Kelly said...

You & Mr P are SOOO sweet. I'm orange with envy -ooops -I mean green. LOL!

Happy Fall!

Leaon Mary said...

The kissing Pumpkin? Your family will remember THAT forever! We have this thing in our family where when you say, I love you.. thee other says I love you more... AND ever since my grown boys were little, when I hug them I make sure I never let go first... I wait til they let go. Sometimes, even now.. my grown sons "stay in a Momma hug" for a really long time. I hope my kids remember those things, just like yours will thee kissin punkin!
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
Lea

On Purpose said...

For these are the "moments" that matter!

What a fun family!

Kacey Elliott said...

What a precious tradition you started! You are the absolute sweetest!

My Army Brats and Me said...

I just came over to thank you for praying for me! I am so thankful. Love your sweet family.

Cindy

My ADHD Me said...

Love That Picture! And what a neat tradition!!