Friday, September 5, 2008

Ring the Bell...Time For School!





Today we went to my youngest preschool for orientation. She was so excited to go she hardly ate any of her breakfast. Before I was completely ready she was headed for the van saying, "I love you, Mom! I'll miss you!"

We arrived early and took a few pictures in front of the school. We soon were welcomed in and she found her class, the green frogs, and her cubby. While going through the line to turn in forms, and check emergency numbers she hugged tightly to my leg. The director whispered to one of the teachers to take note of the children hugging legs, to be prepared for extra love on Tuesday, when they actually start.


During the parent orientation the children went to their classes for a play time. My little girl went right in with her teacher. When I returned she was sitting with the teacher and another little girl reading a book.

She went to play on the playground with some of the children while I met a few moms. She did not join into play but stood off a ways to watch. She was not hugging my leg as she was upon arrival! Eventually she did play closer to the other children, but did not join in their games. She's getting there! (In my head I am singing the Mary Tyler Moore song "You're going to make it after all!")

Before we left we rang the bell. I think this was her favorite part! She said she liked school and was excited to come back. I told her I could not wait to call Daddy to tell him and she said, "No I want to tell Daddy!"




All in all a good orientation day! Thanks for your encouraging word and prayers!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

HOORAY! I knew she'd do great. There may still be a few bumps along the way, but she's "going to make it after all!"

Now I'll be singing that all day!

My ADHD Me said...

HOORAY!! hooray hooray hooray!
It makes life SO much nicer when things go well like this.
I'm so proud of her....and you!

Kacey Elliott said...

Hey, that bell looks familiar - I think my kids were ringing it today at orientation :-)! I am so glad that she was so at ease, I really think the environment at that school contributes to calming their anxiety. Now how are you going to be next week? :-) *hugs*

Sue J. said...

Aw....she looks so grown-up and settled-in! You have prepared her well, Mrs. P.

Funny part is that we aren't as prepared for their taking that step. I think that's when you realize how much you have given to someone else; your emotions come second.

I second Kacey. Do you have a leg to cling to when she's off to the real thing?! We'll keep up the prayers.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Edie said...

How cute! I love that picture of her ringing the school bell and that beautiful smile on her face.

Looks like she is gonna make it after all... and mom too. :)

Runner Mom said...

Oh, she's darling! So glad that everything went well!!

Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog! You're a sweetie! Enjoy you weekend.
We're going to a matinee in just a few minutes!! Just the 4 of us!

Blessings,
Susan

Edie said...

Hi again Mrs P. I love the new close up picture of you and family on your sidebar. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

What a priceless photo of your baby girl with the bell. I'm sure it will be an adjustment for both of you, but you know you'll both doing great! I'll be thinking about you guys and praying that she has a great first week of school!