
We got a new machine to check patients vision for the Department of Transportation physicals at work. Nurses get very excited about new equipment so we took turns practicing our vision checks on each other. My vision it seems is less than perfect. Thankfully it is good enough to pass for driving, using both eyes, but just barely. It seems I will need to visit an ophthalmologist. Nurses do not like being patients because we think we can take care of it ourselves. I am glad my buddies were there because I know the next time I work, they will ask did I go, and therefore hold me accountable in my care of myself.
We all need people to hold us accountable. It helps us keep on the track we know we should, but it might be easier to get off. My mom has a walking buddy and they agree to meet each morning to walk for their health. Not only is it more fun for them to walk together it also makes them stick with their goals.
My husband has a good buddy at work, who also goes to church with us. I know if he ever struggled in our vows of marriage or any other moral issue his friend would hold him accountable. Just the fact that his good buddy is there would be enough to remind Mr P. to seek the less travelled path, instead of the wide road.
Dear God,
You created us to worship and praise You. You also made us to fellowship with others. I am thankful today for the many people who hold me accountable, for my spiritual growth, my marriage, my family and for my health. May I also be accountable most importantly to You as I am Yours and strive to stay on the path You planned for me. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
Romans 14:12 "So then, each of us will give and account of himself to God"
Hebrews 4:13 "Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."
7 comments:
What a great post. I am so thankful that I am blessed with many great friends who do hold me up in prayer and keep me accountable in other areas in my life.
Thank you, Mrs. P.
I need folks to hold me accountable for praying for my family, especially in the spiritual leadership department. God is really starting to tug on my heart to make this a priority, but I have failed so many times. I'm asking Him to work on my heart, so that I might have the heart it takes to be diligent in my prayers.
That God included prayerful, supportive friends in His plan for us is just another reason why He's so awesome! He knows our every need!!
I too am very thankful for the people in my life that care to keep me accountable. I thank God He placed them in my life!
I wholeheartedly agree! I know without my husband (the one I am most acountable to on this earth :-) I would take the easy road on many issues. He reminds me (sometimes relentlessly) that the difficult road is the one I must travel and that I shouldn't think of it as swallowing my pride but broadening my options! I believe God has a way of putting the right people in our lives at just the right times :-)
This morning I was just reading missionary's blog about how lonely she is for like company and accountability. We shouldn't take the Body for granted.
Hi Mrs P - I am so thankful for the friends God has given me who will hold me accountable, even by their very presence and who will also speak the truth to me in love.
Mrs. P,
Thank you so much for stopping by today and for all of your kind words! I look forward to getting to know you!
This was a great, great, great post on accountability...thank you so much for sharing!
I'll definitely have to watch Family Man again, it's been a long time. I love that phrase though~I choose us~ it's made a huge diference in our week thus far!
I love your third graders response to a bad day~it speaks loudly of a wonderful upbringing! Keep up the good work!
I'm looking forward to visiting again!
~Blessings~
Post a Comment