Sarah from Burgeon, challenges us to build our marriage on Mondays by choosing to do something that will build up our husbands for this week and then count our blessings!My husband, Mr P, works hard for his family at work and at home. He rises early to get to work by 7AM and stays up late, often times helping me with household chores. He is starting grad school this week with the goal of obtaining his MBA. I am very proud of his many accomplishments at work and at home, as he is a wonderful husband and father.
For this week, and hopefully from now on, I will rise as early as he does, serve and eat breakfast with him.
My mom is a great example of a loving wife. When my dad had a job as a state courier and had to get up at 4AM to go into work,- my mom got up, fixed his breakfast, ate with him then went back to bed to catch a snooze before her work day began. She did this because she chose to spend this time with him, so he would know that he was special to her. I am going to follow my mom's example and Mr P will have a yummy breakfast, with company, in the morning!
My mom says in marriage you choose to love therefore choosing to do things to show your love to your spouse. I choose to show my love so that Mr P will know he is so very special to me!
Dear God,
I thank you for my husband. Lord, you chose him for me and for my family. I thank you that he seeks Your Will in our lives. Help me to show my husband how much I love him, respect him and want to honor him in our home. Protect our marriage from the dangers of the world. Help us keep our eyes on You and Your truth. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Proverbs 31:1-15 "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidene in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family"
6 comments:
God bless you Mrs P... and praise Him for Sarah too. Even though I'm not married I have a real heart for marriage and this is an awesome ministry. I will have to visit Sarah's blog and all those women participating in this and see if I can learn something. I learned something here that maybe I can use in the future. Thank you.
"She gets up while it is still dark...." My problem is that little one is the one who gets me up in the dark!! Then, I go back to sleep. It's usually hubby's shower that wakes me back up again. I do make sure that he has coffee to take with him to work.
We usually take in a ballgame on TV together, too, as the day draws to a close. Sound like peanuts, but if we didn't do those small things, we probably wouldn't see or share in anything over the course of the day (without the girls).
That P31 woman is amazing, and you have taken another step to walking with her (and after you Mom--praise God for wonderful motherly role models!). Prayers for you guys in this new venture together. Your reflecting God's Word, even in this challenging time, is an inspiration to us!
It was dark this AM and it made me smile as I thought of the verses I'd studied the night before! Mr P laughed too and I typically am not a super early riser as is he! We had a nice quiet breakfast together...quiet...doesn't happen too much around here! Then I was able to spend a few moments in study before children started rising! All and all a good start to the day!
Good morning Mrs. P.! I'm so thankful for your participation!
Great job on accomplishing your goal this morning, what a blessing to your husband!
Have a wonderful week, we'll be praying for you!
Sarah
So good to see others joining us on Marriage Builder Monday! What a great post!!
~Blessings,
Jan
ps...please stop over and visit us!
You are such a blessing. Your husband & kids will surely rise up and call you blessed!
Post a Comment