Friday, September 12, 2008

On A Mountain Top










"I love the mountains, I love the rolling hills, I love the rivers and all the daffodils"








This is a camp song I learned as a kid I will have to sing it for you sometime as you probably will not know the tune!








Edie, a fellow blogger asks this random question: (Click on her name to view others answer to this question.)








What element of creation makes you most want to worship the LORD?



Most of my mountain top experiences with the Lord have occurred, well on top of a mountain. I think that's why I like to get to the top so fast. I marvel at the view, and how can I keep from praising God when I see such spectacular scenes! The amazing beauty and majesty of our earth creates the perfect worship area- I can see how even the rocks will cry out!



About twelve years ago Mr P and I were newly weds, we'd only been married for five months. We had our first disagreement. We debated this dissension the entire way up Greybeard mountain (about 2 hours). Once we reached the summit, we marveled at the view from the top. Then we prayed. I mean really prayed for our marriage and this journey we were attempting together. We realized that in order for this to work we needed God there with us each step of the way, as alone we were sure to sink. Then we made up, right there on top of the mountain. We were at peace and content with each other the whole way down, and since that time we've had a heightened understanding of our commitment to each other.








It is amazing to me that our Lord created huge mountains like the Tetons and also created the intricate lacy wings of a dragonfly.

All things bright and beautiful, All things great and all things small, all things wise and wonderful, God our Father created them all! (See I am breaking out into song again!)

Dear God,

We have every reason to praise you at every moment and in every place we encounter. I do thank you for the many facets of Your creation that inspire us to be in continual awe of You. May we continue to bring You glory in all that we say and do. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Psalm 121:1 "I lift up my eyes to the hills-where does my help come form? My help comes from the lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."

Psalm 36:6a "Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep."

Psalm 72:3 "The mountains will bring prosperity to the people, the hills the fruit of righteousness."

Psalm 98:8 "Let the rivers clap their hands let the mountains sing together for joy."

Amos 4:13 "He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals his thoughts to man, he who turns dawn to darkness, and treads on the high places of the earth--the Lord God Almighty is his name."

Matthew 14:23 "After he had dismissed them, he (Jesus) went up on a mountainside by himself to pray."

6 comments:

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Hi Mrs. P!

I TOTALLY know that song! It's one of my favorites!

great post today!

I'm also known as Mrs. P to my writing students!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I loved this post. I really admire how you can share your experiences of life, love, parenting, and most graciously...faith, with your readers. You really do have a great purpose to your blog and I am so grateful each time I read a new post. Thank you!

Sue J. said...

I'm posting on this tomorrow....so many choices--mountains were definitely one of them.

I love that verse in Amos that you plucked out for us. In the midst of the phrases about creation, you catch that God reveals His thoughts to man. That's a pretty awesome God that will do that. And, oftentimes, such revelation does come in the midst of His creation.

Thanks for sharing...and the great photos, as always!

Kelly said...

I loved your photos, and your message was even more moving. I love that your marriage is rock-solid (Pun intended) and I believe it is because it is a cord of THREE strands...you, Mr P & God. What a beautiful message today. Thank you.

Edie said...

I so love this message here Mrs P. And those pictures are just beautiful. I am praising Him just from reading this. Thank you so much. Have a great weekend!

My ADHD Me said...

You and your husband are proof of what can happen when a couple prays together.

Great pictures!