Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back Yard Family Fun!

Especially as the days are getting cooler and shorter I am savouring our back yard time. I love the afternoons we do not have any where to go, and we can just "hang out" in the back yard together! We "play" baseball, or at least our version with four players. The boys always win!




Thankfully our boys will play with their younger sister, driving her in our dear friend's jeep, pushing her on the swing, and teaching her scary things to do on the monkey bars! She loves to play with "the brothers" and looks forward to their arrival all day through!
When school started just a few weeks ago even our dog was forlorn as he waited for the bus to come. He would pace in front of the windows and place his toys on the window seal awaiting their return. I think he, my youngest and I are finally falling into the routine.



I am so thankful for this time.... this time together!




3 comments:

Kelly said...

That is so sweet. What a lovely time!

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

I'm so glad you are savoring these moments! We blink and they are grown. My oldest is almost 13 and I can hardly believe it. :)

Sue J. said...

That shot of son #2 driving your daughter has a real grown-up look about it. I can just see him picking up his prom date in a few years.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Yep, gotta love the times in the backyard. I KNOW it's where the memories are made, the fun is had, the beginnings of family are realized. Good stuff!