Thursday, September 18, 2008

Go Upwards!







Everyone needs encouragement! We all could use a cheer leader, cheering us on!


A friend came to our "tea party" today, out fitted in gloves and a beautiful hat! She was quietly greeted at the front door by my daughter, then loudly by Toby, our dog, from the back.













She enjoyed tea, well milk, served in a tea cup by my three year old and a chicken salad sandwich. It was a great time to visit and of course I love to talk so I hope she was able to get a word in! This friend is one that when ever I am around her I feel encouraged, at peace and supported. It reminded me of Mary Poppins and the song It's a jolly holiday with Mary! Only it was a jolly holiday with Sue J!





The thing is Sue J listens and accepts you as you are, and is willing to go on with you from there. She has a loving heart that notices the "real" you, weaknesses and all, yet leaves you feeling strong. She's wisely learned that being a good cheer leader does not require you to be loud, do spectacular flips or have all the answers. She gives the example of a listening ear, lots of love and support as you live and learn; all the while pointing you to God for guidance. She is using her God given talents well this year as a MOPS mentor mom.
She encourages wee ones as well! She brought over a cheer leading outfit for my little girl and I know she will be so surprised to hear this from my "quiet" one!

Dear God,

I thank you for the friends in my life that encourage, support and love me weaknesses and all! I learn so much from them as they share in this journey along with me. You created us to need each other. Through my friends today I have learned so much. I've learned to lean on You, and trust in You, when hard ships come-realizing that through You we can do all things. I've also learned that to be an encouraging spirit takes listening with compassion and love as You do. You do have the answers and I am so thankful for that. May Your love surround my dear friends, In Jesus Name, Amen.

Romans 15:4-5 " For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus."

Isaiah 49: 13 "Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice , O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog. Your family is just beautiful, but then their mother is one of the most beautiful people (inside and out) that I know.

Edie said...

I don't know Sue J in person, but I know that she always leaves such encouraging comments. I'm not at all suprised to hear you say she is really like that in person too.

I love the little cheerleader too! GO UPWARD! Just adorable.

Sue J. said...

That is some little girl you've got there. I knew that cheer was inside of her somewhere! (Maybe I'll leave my big hat home next time...tea-hee!)

For all the years that I have known you, you have had the amazing ability to demonstrate God's peace in the presence of anything. (I am surprised at your blogs in which you say that you are not always so.) If you came to be Mary Poppins at my house, my jumpy bouncy girls would suddenly sit down and listen, and my house would be filled with peace!

I enjoyed our jolly holiday yesterday very much, indeed, and I know your little cheerleader will be yelling out her best for the Lord come Saturday!

Thank you for the encouragement, my friend....

The Patterson 5 said...

She still has on the cheer girl outfit (as she calls it) She wore it to the bus stop and shook the poms as the kids boarded the bus! Thankfully the boys were not embarrassed- it did not phase them at all to have her out there cheering them on!

Kelly said...

What a sweet tribute to Sue J. It's true, her still waters provide a tranquil setting. I'm glad you had an enjoyable day.

And cutie girl is adorable in her outfit!

Amydeanne said...

your little cheerleader is too cute! lol
happy weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, could she get any cuter? That video is absolutely adorable. Glad you guys enjoyed your tea party...looks like such a nice time amongst friends! Have a great weekend!