Sunday, September 28, 2008

Breathe In Me, Breath Of God


My daughter has breathing issues. I dare not say asthma, as we still have not officially been given that diagnosis. I pray she will "grow out of this" as the doctors hope. She's done very well this past spring and summer.


Here we are, back into the runny nose season, and we groaned as she coughed and wheezed while running during a birthday party this weekend. She has no idea that this worries her Mommy and Daddy as we try to let her do all that she can!


We've started back on our nebulizer routine that she will probably be on for the rest of the winter. As long as she is not coughing we can just get by with one a day, but if she is coughing she may need more. She is such a trooper and tolerates this 10 to 20 minutes like a mature young lady.


Tonight my prayers are for her, that God may breath into her small and sometimes tight lungs, giving her peace, rest, deep, and refreshing breaths that keep her running and playing like all three years old should.


Just thinking of these breaths reminds me of an old hymn



Breathe on me, breath of God,

Fill me with life anew,

That I may love what Thou dost love,

And do what Thou wouldst do.
Breathe on me, breath of God,

Until my heart is pure,

Until with Thee I will one will,To do and to endure.


Breathe on me, breath of God,

Blend all my soul with Thine,

Until this earthly part of me Glows with Thy fire divine.



Breathe on me, breath of God,

So shall I never die,

But live with Thee the perfect life Of Thine eternity.


Words by Edwin Hatch


Dear God,


I thank you for keeping our daughter in Your right hand. I thank you for her doctors who have taught Mr P and I how to help her breathe more comfortably. I am thankful for the medications that help immediately and preventively. I am thankful for the seven months she did not need these medications, as we felt it was such a milestone in her wee life time. I continue to pray for our doctors wisdom as they guide us in her care. Help us also Lord to trust You with our worries and to rejoice in the life she has been given, that truly is such a healthy and happy life!


In Jesus Name, Amen.


Ezekiel 37:5 "Thus says the Lord God to these bones: I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live."


Genesis 2:7 "Then the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;"


6 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm sorry she had to start her treatment again, but so thankful there is a treatment for her to take!

Allergents are high, as both of my girls are coughy. So hopefully this will pass as the weather gets cooler.

Blessings to you. Am praying for your family.

Sue J. said...

She is a happy girl! And that she can tolerate treatments as she needs to have is really quite remarkable for one as young as she is. She has already learned about patience. What an asset as she continue to grow up! Makes you wonder how close to mommy's (vocational) footsteps she will actually be.

You all come into the season with more confidence, which is good, too, though it still is hard. He is faithful in all things!

Edie said...

Hi Mrs P - I'm glad you have treatment that is effective. I'm praying with you that your precious little girl will grow out of this.

I read your tattoo story. I like that you decided to leave the tattoo. God can use it to encourage discussion with someone who isn't saved. Have a good day!

Runner Mom said...

She is darling! I'll be keeping you all in my prayers.
Blessings,
Susan

On Purpose said...

Dear Heavenly Father oh how a mommy and daddies heart can ache when their babies are sick or hurting. I ask Lord that you cover this family in your peace, and in your protection. For you are their Creator and know just how to provide and take care of them! We love you Lord-Amen.

sgreen said...

How fortunate we are to know how strong our little ones are even when we ache and just want to make their "hurts" go away. You all are handling this so well, especially your beautiful daughter. I will pray for a season of strength and happiness as it seems she is not afraid to go ahead and try all those fun activities!