Sunday, November 2, 2008

It Was A Beautiful Day In Our Neighborhood

















Halloween gave us an excellent opportunity to open our doors (well our garage) and have a pre- trick or treat dinner with our neighbors! My husband does not get to see all of our neighbors as much as I do because he goes to work before I go to the bus stop with the kiddos and he is at work during the day. We were able to actually talk to people instead of the obligatory wave that often times in our busy society is given.










































Most kids and kids at heart all dressed up!







Well, the kids were definately the cutest!

























It was a great day for a get together. The weather was perfect. We borrowed tables from neighbors and served hot dogs. Each family brought a side so we had plenty to eat.





We had games and a costume contest where each outfit was a winner!

















The best part of all was the fellowship with friends!

5 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

Just checkin in with the Pattersons to see if you had a good weekend.
Looks like you had alot of people over. Living in the country we have never had even one trick or treater.
Well, I'm off to read some more of your posts.
Blessings,
Lea

Kelly said...

Look at that beuatiful beauty queen in blue! What a fun day and what a good idea.

Thanks for your comments on the HP book. I was interested by your perspective and am going to give it some thought. It's so hard to know what to do.

Have a great day!

Sue J. said...

Wow! You are GORGEOUS!! How fun!!

It was a beautiful evening to be out with folks, although we had very few visitors here. Maybe we needed to grill some hot dogs!

Twins plus one... said...

Glad you got the chance to spend important time as a family with your neighbors. Glad you guys had a great weekend! :)

Kacey Elliott said...

That looks like so much fun! Some of your guests look very familiar to me - I had no idea you lived on that street :-) I am sure you had a blast! You have very nice neighbors *wink*