Thursday, November 13, 2008

Turkish Delights



















We came across this sign recently and well we had to go in and try this "delight". My oldest and I are reading aloud C.S. Lewis The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe each evening to the family. In the book, Edmund, enjoys a desert called Turkish delights and LOVES them.

So we all decided to give them a try..........

















I think the white witch would have an extremely hard time convincing my children that Turkish delights are worth coming back to her castle for!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute!

Sue J. said...

We haven't started the series yet (surprising, really....) so it's all Turkish to me.

I'll take your kids' word (expressions) for it, though.

Edie said...

HaHaHa!! I love the expressions! And now I know that Turkish Delights are really no big deal.

I have the Focus on the Family Radio Version CD set (whatever you call it) of the Chronicles of Narnia. I HIGHLY recommend it. I listened to it on my way to and from work every day first and felt like I was getting to know Christ even more through this series. I cried tears of love many times when I listened to it.

Then I listened to it with the girls whenever they were in my truck with me. They loved it! Especially Olivia, the oldest, who also caught on to some of the biblical analogies. It has fantastic sound affects.

Do I sound like a commercial? LOL.

Kacey Elliott said...

That seriously made me laugh out loud - how cute is that! I have no need to try a Turkish Delight now, there expressions are priceless!