Ask for help?
Who me?
No one can do the things I do, as well as I can...... Can they? I'm supposed to be able to handle my household, taking care of every one's needs, and I can do this better than anyone else. Right?
No one can help my son's with their homework like I do. No one can fix my daughter's hair or dress her as cute as I can. No one can clean the bathrooms to a germ free shine like I do.
Often times it is easier to grumble about all of the things we have to do, than to ask for help, or to teach our young ones how to complete household chores. I've used excuses about if my children try to do a chore it won't be done perfectly. If I do not teach them simple household chores how are they going to learn them? If I don't allow them to own a chore how are they to master it? I can live with a slightly unswept floor. Can't I?
God call us to delegate. Moses, a great leader, had to delegate as well. He could not handle all of the needs of the Israelites on his own. He had to train others to help him.
If we delegated jobs, yes give them away, we'd get more done in our days. We also might even show up places promptly instead of rushing in, frazzled, a few minutes late. We'd also be teaching our young ones responsibility, and they will grow! God wants us to grow our young ones!
Dear God,
I thank you for Your Word which shows us that Your leaders relied on You, yet also needed the help of others as well, for the load you called them to carry. Sharing our loads make them lighter, more manageable while also teaching others skills they will need for the life of purpose You have planned. May I wisely delegate my household duties, teaching my children valuable lessons in good stewardship in the care of our home, which You have blessed us with.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.
Exodus 18: 17-18, 20-21
"Moses father-in-law replied, 'What you are doing is not good. You and these people who come to you will only wear yourselves out. The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone.'"
"Teach them the decrees and laws, and show them the way to live and the duties they are to perform. But select capable men from all the people-men who fear God, trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain-".......
7 comments:
Deligation ~ Yes, it's a beautiful word AND very Biblical as you so perfectly pointed out.
Our Pastor is starting a series on Deligation this Sunday, can't wait to hear it.
And...it is important for our children to learn that helping with household chores is necessary for their long term growth. "Life-skills"!!
Bless you, Cindy
This is a great post to start the week off with!
Since Monday is usually my chore, laundry, house cleaning day...this will help me to delegate today! Thank you!
You have such a good point! We're working over here on dependability with my kids. They know how to do things but they are not yet dependable! Parenting is such a challenge! :)
Love,
Sonya
This is hard for Type A peopel too who want everything to be "Just so." But what a blessing once they learn to do it, and I don't have to!
Keep delegating!
I had these exact same thoughts today...but not in such a godly way! =) It was more like "I'M SICK OF DOING EVERYTHING AROUND HERE!!!" lol!! =)
Great stuff and a gentle reminder! Loved it!
Ah, I need this reminder everyday. Not so much to teach my kids to do the chores...because they're still so young (but we are still working on simple tasks like picking up our toys!!!), but more importantly to lean on God and ask Him to lighten my load or help me complete my chores in a more joyful and patient manner. I also need to remind myself that it's way more important to teach a child and spare a little cheerio dust...than to stress myself out about the spilled snack or milk. For one day my house will be way too clean and quiet for my own good... :)
I always feel so refreshed when I come to visit your blog, thanks Mrs. P!
I was just thinking about this the other day (as I was sweeping the kitchen floor for the 5th time). Seriously it reminded me of my childhood chores and the responsibility I learned. All my friends had chores. That night I was talking with a friend and asked if he had chores growing up and he said no, he just had work. lol.
How different this current generation is.
Oh, and since no one can clean the bathrooms to a germ free shine like you do, would you do mine too? :P
Post a Comment