
Illnesses.................
Marital Challenges..............
Homework..... School projects........
Deadlines.........
Laundry......
Field trips........ Volunteering.........
Play dates......
Re certifications......Classes for work......
Car pools.......
Dinner.......Holiday planning.....
Grocery shopping.......
Often times I feel, "Under Pressure", even with the ordinary events of my life. If your like me, just reading those lists of stressors might have produced a bit of pressure. Often times all of these pressures can be going on in our lives all at once. It can feel a little overwhelming and also discouraging.
As I look at my pressure stressors I am learning to see them in a different light. What would my life be like with out three kids and a husband? What would our lives be like with out jobs? What would it be like to not have clothes to wash, or a house to clean? What if we did not have extended families to plan visits with over the holidays?
Perhaps a better way to think on things would be to be thankful for our families health instead of stressing over coughs, wheezes and sniffles. To be thankful for a job that at times makes my feet hurt, but yet helps our family make ends meet, and helps me stay up to date in my continuing education. To be thankful for a house to clean, a family to cook for, and plan trips with. To be thankful my kids can complete homework and projects no matter how begrudgingly. So many blessings even in the pressures!
I found an interesting Proverb 24 verse 10 - "If you fail under pressure, your strength is not very great." I think sometimes we forget that pressure is where we grow. God will not give us more than we can handle. Our key is to not fail under pressure. Stay with the healing, fine tuning, and pruning that God is placing you under - even if it comes with pressure. For at the end of the pressure is transformation. Let us not fail under the high pressure systems of life that will periodically come our way...




8 comments:
Currently feeling pressure...thank you for "re-focusing" me!
I think you should submit this one to a Christian parenting or women's magazine. Because it is something each and every one of us surely struggle with.
Excellent writing today!
I was worried when I saw that first picture, because it almost looked like you!
What I'm finding helpful in these high-pressure days is first acknowledging that, in some ways, I have put myself here through wrong choices. So to confess that has been really helpful. Then, just remembering that God can get me through anything, IF/WHEN I turn to Him for the help I need under pressure.
It's easy to get discouraged when all we see is a big pile or a long list. We need to seek Him through little things in between, and put the pile and list into perspective, as you have done here.
Hang in there! I know this is a particularly difficult season for you all.
This was such a wonderful post and something we all need to remind ourselves of quite often. I know I do, at least. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I really do enjoy reading your blog. :o)
Once again, we are on the same wavelength - perhaps God sends me to your blog to remind me I am not alone :-) Just yesterday I found myself saying thank you to God as I was driving two screaming kids to pick up their medicines because we had health insurance to cover most of it. And thanking him for the clothes I was packing for the veterans to pick up because they served us well. Even when we have a ton to do and no time to do it, it is so refreshing to remind ourselves that at least we have a ton to do. You know what they say about idle hands :-P
This is a great post Mrs P. I am still learning to hand it to God in the midst of the pressure. He really does help me to calm down. I still need practice. Oh no.
Hi Mrs P! I have something for you. Please stop by my blog when you get a chance. :D
Ah, yes. Pressure. Not a favorite word or feeling of mine. However, I recently saw on a church kiosk...
"God promises a safe landing, not a smooth ride."
That reminder has helped me keep my pressure and stress at bay (as best as it can be...anyway!)
Thanks for the reality check...you've always got the best of helping me keep things in perspective!
Post a Comment