I am a sensitive person and my feelings get hurt easily. I brood and fret over my feelings. I want so much for the other person to know how they've hurt me even though they may not even realize it . Secretly, I want them to feel just as bad as I do. I want them to be sorry and eager to make amends. However, they may not really want to. And then, there go those hurt feelings of mine... I want to put up a wall, be tough,........ I don't need them, kind of attitude. But that's not true.
As I pondered these negative feelings all morning, I decided it was high time I prayed about it. (Took me long enough) As I prayed a funny thing happened. I prayed about how hurt I was that this relationship was no longer close. I felt like they did not care, or even want to know that I wanted things to be better. So I wanted to close myself off from this relationship, to get away from my hurt feelings.
God seemed to whisper....." I forgave you."
I still prayed on, but I am so hurt, why don't they care? Don't they want to have a relationship with me?
God again whispered......"You don't always show up like you promised, and yet I patiently wait, loving you all the more. I never put up a wall to hold you away from me."
Oh dear..........
God calls us to love and forgive just as He loves and forgives us. Jesus understands my hurt feelings. He was rejected in his home town. His best friends left Him in His time of trouble. Yet He layed down his life for us, willingly. In His pain and agony He prayed for God to forgive us for we know not what we do.
Even when we hurt Him or let Him down He loves.
God never closes Himself off from us even when we stand Him up for not so holy things; phone conversations, TV shows, sleep.......... oh dear.
Looks like God has some heart issues for me to work on.
Dear God,
I thank you for hearing my prayer today. Even though it was not the justification I thought I wanted; the answers You brought to me were freeing. Freeing me from the hurt. Freeing me to love unconditionally and with more compassion. Examine my heart for any reminents of unforgiveness and reveal them to me so that I may truly forgive as You have forgiven me.
In Jesus Name
Amen.
Mark 11:25
"And when you stand praying, if you hold any thing against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."
Luke 23:34
"Jesus said, 'Father forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing'."
Colossians 3:12-14
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
6 comments:
I don't know what this is about, but I know the One who does. Lifting you up my friend. Love you!
Wow...yesterday must have been "rejection" day. And there were a lot of bad distractions and voices clamoring for my attention...and tears.
I am SO glad that our Lord is with us in whatever state we are in and is unwilling to let us stay in that bad way--even when it means change on our part. I know this morning that the only way change is possible is through His strength and direction.
I echo your prayer and walk with you on that path today!
Amen! And Amen!!
I have been hearing the same from the Lord. This confirms that He is indeed doing a work in His children.
Thanks so much for sharing.
http://pathways2freedom.blogspot.com/
Please check in with bloggy friend, Pam Shattuck's message today. It really fits in with where we are!
I know how you feel. I too have felt the sting of rejection in many places and in many ways.
Today, you made me feel so accepted. I thank you for your loving friendship to remember me and know how special tomorrow is for me and to root me on. Thank you!
You are a much better listener than I am. Even given the topic of our Pastor's latest sermons (Stress of Forgiveness, Stress of Worry) I still am having a hard time hearing God on this very subject. Perhaps it is my pride, perhaps the time just isn't right yet to let it go. I hope you are at peace *hugs*
Post a Comment