November is a special month around the Patterson house. Thanksgiving is one of our all time favorite holidays and November is also birthday month for Mr P. So today I shall write about a Cherry Tree!
When Mr P and I were dating I lived in an apartment complex which had cherry trees grow
ing all around. One date he picked me up and some of my neighbors were up in a tree picking cherries. Everyday from that day forward when walking past the tree we'd stop and look at the tree and say, "Oh a cherry tree, how sweet." We'd gaze into each other's eyes and then back at the tree. Goofy, I know, but still a lesson that has stuck with me through the years.
ing all around. One date he picked me up and some of my neighbors were up in a tree picking cherries. Everyday from that day forward when walking past the tree we'd stop and look at the tree and say, "Oh a cherry tree, how sweet." We'd gaze into each other's eyes and then back at the tree. Goofy, I know, but still a lesson that has stuck with me through the years. You've heard the expression, stop and smell the roses. Well how about, stop and appreciate the cherry tree! God gives us many beautiful gifts to see and appreciate. It's like he put them there just for us to give us a smile even on the dreariest of days. To remind us how much He loves us and how extremely thoughtful He is.
Yesterday Mr P and I had a tif, yes that does happen here, even as it does every where else. I took my dog, Toby, for a walk as I needed to cool down a bit. On my way home I noticed the moon and how b
eautiful the sky looked over our home, and in our front yard......... Oh a cherry tree!
For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth,
Over and around us lies:
Christ our God, to Thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise.
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth,
Over and around us lies:
Christ our God, to Thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise.
Hymn Writer Folliott Piermont
Dear God,
Thank you for this amazing day and all of the beauty you give us in nature. May I see every vivid color you have provided this fall, may I appreciate each awe inspiring sunrise and sunset. May I continue to give You glory and praise even in the small things such as the sweetness of a cherry tree!
In Jesus Name,
Amen.
Psalm 146:1-2
"Praise the Lord, O my soul. I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."
5 comments:
What?!?! The Patterson's have tiffs? Say it isn't so?!?! LOL!! Actually every wife who reads your blog is breathing a sigh of relief. :D
I'm sorry you guys had a tiff, but glad you got a "Cherry tree" moment.
Love you sister! Thanks for your prayers for us this week.
For I am so thankful that we have a God who in the midst of our "tiffs" He is loving and gently and redirects our focus. I have many days when I need to be in an Orchard filled with Cherry Trees!!!
The moon is really beautiful at the moment--a lovely half! And since it gets darker earlier, you get treated to the most beautiful skies--those with sunsets and those a little later with bright stars and that moon!
Yes, I'm convinced that God can make us stop in our tracks when we see His Creation, and it's the "Be still" moment that we need to get renewed and refocused.
What a wonderful picture. Renewed and refocused was where I went just a week ago. May I continue to soak in every moment. Thank you for praying for me.
Cindy
How beautiful Mrs P. I'm sorry about the tif but just look what God did with it. He is worthy of all our praise.
I love that scripture and the heart behind it. :)
Post a Comment