Saturday, November 8, 2008

Welcome Baby












Today we travelled to meet our newest niece! She is a week old and clearly advanced.... you will see, she and I are having a conversation already! It was such a joy to see her, hold her, smell that new born baby smell, hear her sweet cry, and hold her tiny hand.





































It was oh so sweet to hold her, cherishing this moment as so children grow so fast.




The sleepless nights will not last long and soon she will be running after her brother and cousins.

Mother and baby are doing wonderfully (Mom is hoping for more sleep) but still wonderfully! We dashed off with big brother, Mr P's brother, and their dad and family! An afternoon with three Mr P's! I am hoping my nephew is as tired as our three children so that good sleep will occur tonight!

































We rode a train, the boats, and a carousel!

























Of course we found some monkey bars to swing on and trees to climb!




























We had a great visit! Many thanks to the Patterson 4 for a fabulous day!!!!!





Dear God,
Thank you for this beautiful day that we shared with our extended family! Thank you for the blessing you have given us in the life of our niece. May she grow to love you more and more just as her parents and brother do. May her mom and dad get restful sleep during the hours they are able and feel Your love surrounding their family during this short, sweet tiring time.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.

7 comments:

Twins plus one... said...

What a blessing! She is simply beautiful! We are due to have a new nephew in 6 weeks or so...and I am dying to meet him, smell that newborn smell and rub his toes ever so gently. Babies are such a beautiful gift. What a nice treat for you guys to give the mom and baby some much needed rest while you guys enjoyed an awesome day together (at the zoo?) I will pray that they soak up these times, as they do go by so fast!
Great pictures!

Edie said...

What a beautiful little baby. I could smell that sweet newborn baby smell just from the pictures.
Congratulations to the proud parents.

Looks like you all had a great outing too. You always do though. :)

I have to tell you, your daughter really has the most precious look of wonderment in her little face. I just love it!

Kelly said...

I love the picture of you on the ostridge. (sp?)

I love babies. That one is precious. Glad you all had a great visit and are home safe & sound.

Kelly said...

p.s. We had an impromptu birthday party for Edie over at Sue's blog yesterday. You may want to slip over for leftover cake and to leave birthday greetings for Edie. :D

Sue J. said...

You and Mr. P. have the "coo" down to a science! What a precious sweetheart!! Hard to say bye-bye to....

What an awesome day!

sgreen said...

what a beautiful baby, as all Pattersons are! Oh, she will be so loved by all! Love the fun pics of the outdoors and fun on the train and carousel.

Welcome baby Patterson!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

What a precious baby! Loved all the pictures! I'm so glad you had fun!