"Don't trouble trouble,
until trouble,
troubles you."
"Let Go and Let God"
"Don't sweat the small stuff."
"Don't worry be happy"
I try not to worry, but in today's times that can be tough. Many people are facing lay offs or difficult financial times. Jesus tells us not to worry, our needs of clothing, and food will be taken care of.
Years ago I worried about such things and found comfort from remembering how God cares for the birds and how he dresses the flowers of the field. (Click here to read Prayers in the Park)
I thought I had this worry bit beat, but often times "little" worries come in to plague my thoughts.
Silly worries, like, " How will we get it all done." Or even worries about whether or not something I've said or done, or even failed to do, may have hurt someones feelings. What others think, as much as I'd like to say it doesn't, does cause me to fret.
Worry blinds us to what God is doing in our lives. God is in control and has a plan, sometimes we need to just get out of His way! Worry is sin, even my little silly ones. Worry says that I don't trust God. Worry says, I don't have enough Faith that He will carry me through what ever the situation might be. Worry says I don't trust His purpose and His plan.
1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you."
(I love this verse as it covers all of my "little worries". Our God loves us so much he cares about each and every little detail of our lives!)
John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled do not be afraid."
Matthew 6:25-29
"This is why I tell you: Don't worry about you life, what you will eat or what you will drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Isn't life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the sky: they don't sow or reap or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you worth more than they? Can any of you add a single cubit to his height by worrying." (oh if only I'd be a giant!)
"And why do you worry about clothes? Learn how the wildflowers of the field grow: they don't labor or spin thread. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splindor was adorned like one of these!"
Matthew 6:33-34 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His Righeousness, and all these things will be provided for you. Therefore don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own."
Dear God,
I confess my sin of worry. Worry about silly things, that hold me back from the promises and purposes You have for me. May I cast those worries on You. You know my heart and my intentions; make them right for others, so that they may see Your love in me.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.
1 comment:
Great thoughts! I'm glad you opened your comments back up but I understood your reasoning! =)
Post a Comment