Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Day At The Fair











Today we went to the state fair and it was a wonderful family day!




I love watching my children line up together to get on and ride. Often my oldest will put his arm around his brother or sister guiding them on and helping them to their seats. Seeing them watch out for each other warms my heart.














My middle child and my youngest are extremely brave and love the thrilling rides as I did in my youth. Something has changed, because now I really enjoy the slower calmer rides.














I do not remember roller coasters or the big swings going so high or so fast as they do now. Perhaps I am more frightened since I know my boys are on the ride.














We also visited the animals! My daughter must have a inborn desire to be a farm girl as she is so excited by the animals. She ran from exhibit to exhibit talking to the animals as she went. She has no fear of thrusting her hands in to love on the them. Where she is extremely shy with people she has no inhibitions with animals.


















We saw a one thousand pound pumpkin and wondered how many pies could one make with such a huge pumpkin?



The children played in big corn box (instead of sand).



We had a great day together! And we look forward to next year's State Fair!

After a long afternoon at the Fair this was sure to happen!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

What a wonderful family day. The photos were a treat...except the farris wheel. Didn't I tell you my hubby & oldest got stuck on that last year for about 40 minutes. Eck!

But beautiful & fun family photos.

Kelly said...

p.s. Your youngest surely is a dare-devil. I've never seen her smile so big as in these photos on the rides. She truly had a ball.

The Patterson 5 said...

She really enjoys riding the rides with her brothers. I think they like watching each others reactions and that fuels their own excitement. It is a bit daughting that she likes the thrill of it so much. Looks like roller coaster rides are in my future just when I do not like them anymore.

Sue J. said...

After such a stressful week for you and Mr. P., I'm glad you all enjoyed a terrific family time!

On Purpose said...

What awesome joy is in these pictures of your family, laughing, smiling and having fun!

Edie said...

Hi Mrs P - I just love your family photos. You really have a beautiful family. Your kids are so cute! (Like you really need to be told, huh?) Looks like you all had a great day.