
Head on over to 2nd cup of Coffee to find some yummy fall favorite recipes!
Here is one we love at our house-it is one of my Momma's. My husband loved it so much he had to change the name! It is originally called Tarheel Pie. My husband went to North Carolina State University. The Wolfpack's arch rivals are the Tar heels so how could he enjoy this yummy dessert with such a detestable name!
Wolf Pack Pie
if you are a Tarheel fan please feel free to take liberty with the name....... shhh don't tell Mr P!
1 cup chocolate chips 1/2 cup Plain flour
1 stick of butter melted 1/2 cup White Sugar
1 cup of pecans chopped 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp of vanilla 2 eggs Beaten
Pour warm melted butter over chocolate chips and stir. Blend all other ingredients and stir into chocolate chip mixture. Pour into an unbaked pie shell. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream on top. (I like vanilla or coffee ice cream on it best!)
It's a very easy and quick dessert sure to please all the chocolate lovers you love!
13 comments:
OOOOHHHH that sounds heavenly! I have a similar recipe, but I don't melt the chocolate chips... that sounds much better!!!! I'm for SURE going to make this one.
So, since I went to Ball State University (Cardinals) can I call it "Cardinal Pie?" Somehow, that name sounds unappetizing, but the recipe sounds to die for. Thanks for contributing!
Sounds scrumptious!!
what a fabulous way to meet a new blogger...on a day they post about anything involving CHOCOLATE!! i like you already. ;o)
thanks for stopping by my spot. you have one gorgeous family here!
happy monday,
linda
I've had the pie and it is yummy!!!
I can't wait to try it-good thing grocery shopping is tomorrow! Thanks for the recipe!
I would just name it...yummy pie...sounds good...I will have to whip one up!
oooh, this sounds a lot like a chocolate chip pie I like to make. I like the name - wolf pack pie, I will have to try it and see if it is the same. Gotta be delicious!
Now you are luring me with this delicious pie and COFFEE ice cream! Mmmmm.
OK..I'll have to rename it as well!! Gamecock pie??? Hmm...how about Carolina (as in SC!!) pie!! I might put peanut butter chips in mine--I love p-nut butter!. Thanks so much for sharing it!! Yummy.
Blessings,
Susan
Chocolate Chips, butter, pecans? What more can a pie ask for! Yummy
Mmm... but I'm with you.. bring on the coffee ice cream.. or mocha!
MmmMmmm whooHooo there went MY DIET
Sounds yummy!
Post a Comment