While my children were in school, I took our dog for a fun walk out on a cross country trail near our home. I was hoping he'd go along with me for the whole three miles
but my big, 73 pound, nothing but muscle dog, is a bit of a scaredy cat. My three children, especially my three year old, give him confidence to do walks/runs like this all day long, with his tail held high and wagging. When it is just he and I, he's not so sure of himself, and the big outdoors seems a little daunting. All he wants to do is high tail it home, tail low. We did go for two miles with allot of prompting at the beginning of the trail on my part, and when we got to a cross roads to either go the other mile or head home- I decided not to fight it; we'd head on home. This trail we walked on is under bridge construction so we will not have to run through or jump over the creek any longer. Workers were there building bridges, and I am so excited as there is only one bridge left for them to finish!
We as people need others. We need companionship, team work and help. We need a pack! Sometimes we don't always agree but we need to come together as a team and get things done.
Jesus teaches us that we need to be compassionate and kind always putting others feelings before our own.
This is extremely hard as I naturally gravitate towards thinking about how things affect me - and it is easy to twist things to justify my selfishness.

Sadly harsh words may get said, then right or wrong I realize bridges need to be built and forgiveness needs to be given (or requested- was I wrong?....wrong?!?) Am I being the peace maker, Christ calls us as Christians to be? Can I humble myself enough to see something from an other's point of view? Can I let go of past hurts, placing them in the past, move forward and rejoin the pack? Can I build a bridge? Can you?
Dear God,
Help us to be as you called us humble, compassionate, kind always thinking of other needs before our own. Help us to unselfishly give of our time in service to others; realizing the more of us we give away, the more like You we become. May we remember to love You with all or our heart, mind, soul and strength and then go on to do the hardest part-love our neighbor as our self.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.
Ecclesiastes 4:9
"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work."
1 Corinthians 1:10 "I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought."
Exodus 23:5
"If you see the donkey of someone who hates you fallen down under its load, do not leave it there, be sure you help him with it"
Colossians 3:12-14
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues, put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
Matthew 22:37-39
"Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself."
3 comments:
What a great post today. I loved the way you pulled everything together. And of course you are right. I thrive on companionship and require much socialization. But wrong??? me??? Nope, must be the other guy. I need to work on my humility and repentance.
Your bracelet is on its way. Thank you for blessing me. Have a wondeful day.
Love Cindy
Post a Comment