Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkins!










A friend of mine found fun, press on Mr Potato Head faces for their pumpkins last year, and it made pumpkin carving easy enough for even a three year old! I found these faces at Walmart, not as cute as Mr Potato Head, but my children had fun pressing in the faces!






I love the fun of fall. The crisp cool mornings and the warm beautiful afternoons. Everywhere you look there are glorious colors to see! We stayed outside today to do homework, it was too pretty to go in.




Tonight was our last Upward flag football practice; finally we are having real "football weather." My oldest son's team had a scrimmage between the parents and their team. Since Mr P was in class, I asked my son, "Are you sure you want ME to play?" He assured me yes he did. I then said, "You know your mom does not know how to play football." He again assured me he knew, and yet still wanted me to play. I had a great time! I can't catch a football to save my life, but I can out run all the other parents! Thankfully my son was not too embarrassed and was still proud to walk off the field with his slippery fingered Momma. After practice we celebrated by sharing Pumpkin milkshakes!






When we got home we did the pumpkin pressing. Later on, when Mr P can help we will carve one or two. It's fun to see their faces as they touch the icky insides. Our associate Pastor shared with us a Pumpkin Carving Prayer:




Dear God,




As I carve my pumpkin help me say this prayer:




Open my mind so I can learn about you


(cut the top of the pumpkin)




Take away my sin and forgive me for the wrong things I do


(clean out the inside)




Open my eyes so Your love I will see


(Cut eyes like hearts)




I'm sorry for turning up my nose to all You've given me"


(cut a nose in the shape of a cross)






Open my ears so Your Word I will hear;


(cut ears shaped like the Bible)




Open my mouth so I can tell others You're near


(cut mouth in shape of a fish)




Let Your light shine in all I say and do


(place a candle in and light)




Amen.






5 comments:

Edie said...

Cute and creative pumpkins! Bet the kids had a ball. Glad to be able to talk to you again. :)
(Yes I know I could have. Thanks!)

Kelly said...

Loved this post! Too cute and what a wonderful day you described! I have no doubt you could outrun all the parents, you are one fit chick. (With buttery fingers.LOL).

I've said it before, but you are one excellent mama.

On Purpose said...

I love your pumpkins...and the key is to finding something that works for little ones...the whole knife thing is still off limits in our house.

Oh and I love all things pumpkin, pie, milkshakes, cookies, bread. I just love Fall.

Thank you for sharing the pumpkin prayer. Thats a great idea.

The Davidsons said...

What an extremely sweet pumpkin prayer! I loved it. It looks like y'all had a great time! :o)

My Army Brats and Me said...

Too sweet! I loved your post and pictures. Sweet dreams.
Cindy