"What's Your deSign?"What specific qualities did God implant in you when He designed you? These could be talents, skills, passions, etc. They are things that you do well and could spend hours doing without feeling the time pass.
I truly believe nothing happens by coincidence and that everything that happens, happens for a reason. God is in control and even in our failures and disobedience His plans are continually carried out. He is God nothing is impossible with Him!
As a little girl I would play with my dolls. They were named Mandy and Jenny. They were perfectly behaved in every way and I would "mother" them for hours on end. I would dress them, feed them, read to them, take them on adventures and tuck them into their little bed- that is in my daughter's room for her dolls. I dreamed of one day becoming a mother much like my mom.
As a young adult I felt I had really blown it. Things did not work out with my high school sweet heart when I thought we'd pretty much sealed the deal. I feared my dreams would not come true even though I'd been taught, what will be, will be, no need to worry. Thankfully this relationship was not to be, and looking back the heart ache and despair was there to help me cling to God and then years later to the husband God did have planned.
God designed me to be a nurturer and a helper. He blessed me by allowing me to be a mother.
God designed me to be the perfect helper for Mr P. God created mankind in Genesis chapter one both male and female in the image of God. In Genesis chapter two Adam is given a companion, who is a helper and the perfect partner for him.
I know it may sound a bit June Cleaverish (Leave it To Beaver) to say that I was designed to be my husbands helper but look at it this way.....

Woman was taken from the rib of Adam (man). She was not taken from his head to be over him, nor from his feet, so that he could stomp on her but from his side....his equal....under his arm to be protected, and close to his heart to be cherished.
Psalm 121:1-2
"I lift up my eyes unto the hills- where does my help come from my help comes from the Lord the Maker of heaven and earth."
If God can be our helper then it is not a place of submission.
This question also reminds me of another of our dear friend Edie's thought provoking, soul searching questions where I shared my designation to be a helper. Click here to read that one.
Dear God,
I thank you for how you designed me for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. You gave me a heart that desires to serve and to please you. You forgave and continue to forgive my failures and put them as far away from me as the east is from the west. You blessed me with a loving husband and a wonderful family. You made all of my dreams come true. You've even made our hard times sweet as they draw us closer to You. May I continue to count my many blessings, as all good things come from You.
In Jesus Name, Amen
Proverbs 31:11-12 "Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks notheing of value. She brings him good, not harm all the days of her life."NIV
Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." NIV
Genesis 2:18 "The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
Genesis 2:20b-24 "But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the lord God caused the man to fall in to a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took on of the man's rigs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and brought her to the man. The man said, This is now bone of my bones and flesh of m flesh; she shall be called woman, for she was taken out of man. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." NIV
Psalm 103:12 "as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us." NIV
Psalm 139:14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful I know that full well."

7 comments:
You are a beautiful June Cleaver. You are the kind of wife I could only aspire to be. I think you are perfectly designed to be a "helpmate" for Mr P, and you too are a godly example of marriage. Thank you for setting that example.
Quick - go get under the kissing pumpkin! :P
Mrs P. I love your answer to the RQ. I think you have ended up doing exactly what God designed you to do.
P.S. I see you were also visited by our Chen Chuan spammer. Hopefully he'll move on so we don't need to put those awful letters back up to avoid spam.
Mrs P. I love your answer to the RQ. I think you have ended up doing exactly what God designed you to do.
P.S. I see you were also visited by our Chen Chuan spammer. Hopefully he'll move on so we don't need to put those awful letters back up to avoid spam.
Oh Mrs P this made me teary-eyed. How beautiful! God did create woman to be a helper to her husband. So many women don't really get that. It's so delightful to see the beauty in one who does. God bless you for living out the nurturing, mommy, caring, helping woman He designed you to be.
Have a great day!
Oh, how I remember the heartache of who was right for me. Aren't you glad God knows what's best for us?
Our world needs more women like you!
What a nice looking family!
Thank you for visiting,
Tammy
What a great thought and post! Yay for you that you understand there is nothing wrong with being your husband's helpmeet. That is incredibly commendable - especially in a day of women's 'rights'. I have the right to submit to and support my husband!!
Thanks for visiting my new blog
Post a Comment