Monday, October 27, 2008

Weather Forcast: Gentle Breeze or Torrential Storm

Chelle, from the World of Chelle, challenges all with the Love Dare from the movie Fireproof. We would love to see this movie and are hoping for a date night before it leaves the theaters! I am behind/late (as usual) for the dares and am only on day six. Days one through five seemed fairly easy for me to accomplish. I bet the dares get harder as you go along. Day six deals with selfishness and irritability.



Irritability..........in a house with three young ones during cold season.........in a house where one member is absent most evenings due to classes and studying.........in a house with a selfish, (yes, I admit it!) woman.

Oh dear!!!! The love dare just became a REAL challenge!!!!




Chelle says,
"If you are walking under the influence of love, you will be a joy, not a jerk. Ask yourself, "Am I a calming breeze, or a storm waiting to happen?" "


If I am honest and not putting on my perfect mask (please read my friend, Nicki, from Three Girly Girls, post) then I would say pack your umbrella, storms a brewing!



Often times I wear my mask for others, and inside the storm is a brewing, and at those times my dear sweet hubbie gets the down pour. He should get my best, but often times gets my worst. I let the stress of caring for a family and the numerous activities and committees I join build up and over whelm me and then I unload on him.



I am working on this. I know it is not how God wants our marriage to be; and Mr P's time devoted to getting his MBA, is my time to work on this. He does not necessarily need to hear about how difficult every minuet detail of my day was. He does not need to hear me nag about all of the projects that are on hand for home, church, scouts, and school.


Dear God,


Please help me to respond to my husband each day with love, giving him encouragement and patience in place of a bitter rendition of how tough my day was. May he feel at peace in our home, knowing he is safe from the stressors of the world. May he know he is loved by You most importantly, and then by his wife and children. I thank you for giving him to me as a wonderful blessing of a husband!

In Jesus Name, Amen.


Colossians 3:12-14 "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with one another and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."


We will need to go back a verse, to read why check Kelly's blog.....Therefore....


Colossians 3:8-13 "But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of it's Creator. Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is in all."

5 comments:

Kelly said...

"Christ is in all" - that is why we can clothe ourselves in compassion, kindness, et al. Otherwise, it would be impossible. Nothing is impossible with God.

I just loved this post Mrs P.

Create in me a clean heart, o Lord, and renew a right spirit within me! Amen.

Sue J. said...

It's not that you aren't going to feel bad/angry/frustrated sometimes. Can you deal with all of those things before giving the after effects to others, like Mr. P.?

God does want you to bring all of this stuff to Him. Job had a few problems going in his storm, and God allowed him to share his pain outrightly. But, God wasn't pleased with Job's forgetting about Who was in charge and Who was still faithful to take care of his needs.

When you sense the storm brewing, get the kiddos busy with something and draw on God's word. Blog a prayer right then and there (and maybe not publish it?). He will calm the storm before overtakes your boat!

Missing you (in person.....)!

Edie said...

This is a beautiful post Mrs P. God has been working hard on my trust that He really is in ALL of my circumstances and helping me to adjust my attitude accordingly. Just think, one day we will never have to adjust our attitudes again. That is AMAZING!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Oh girl....I feel ya! Keep "working through" this with Him! It's beautiful! He smiles at it!!

On Purpose said...

I too am hoping to see this movie with my man in the theaters...which might be a miracle since we have not attended a movie together for over 4 years!! Yikes...thats insane to see written out. I am praying for you because as I read today...I feel very in tune with you!