This past Friday I took my little girl and one of her buddies to a nearby park in my neighborhood. Surprisingly this park is one of the many places I feel close to God. This day especially reminded me of the many prayers I had prayed there. God faithfully answered each prayer and eased each worry and fear. When my boys were young, one and three, my husband and I decided I could no longer manage as a working mom so I resigned from a job that before we had children I loved. We were both anxious about how we could make ends meet without the extra money but both felt strongly I was needed more at home. Everyday, I would walk about a mile to get to this park with the boys in a stroller. We would go early in the day before it became too hot and they would play. I was able to enjoy the outdoors, get some exercise and pray. I would listen to the birds and think about how much God cares for even the birds, how much more so He cares for us. I found peace there in that park. God knew things would work out, He just wanted me to trust in Him. Later that same year, I found a every other weekend job at a local urgent care center so our ends did meet! That next spring my mom, who lives five hours away, was diagnosed with breast cancer*. Because I stayed at home, the boys and I could travel to her, to give love and support during her surgeries and chemotherapy treatments. God knew what was down the road and things fell into place so I could be where He needed me to be.
*my mom has been cancer free for almost four years! Praise God!
Dear God,
What a blessing it is that you faithfully hear and answer all of our prayers. May we bring everything to you in prayer, with an attitude of thanksgiving. May you bring peace to our anxious hearts, trusting that You know best for us, for you are all knowing. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Luke 12: 22-24 "Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: they do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! (NIV)
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everytghing by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and you minds in Christ Jesus.
3 comments:
And I remember when you returned to MOPS. We were looking for folks to serve, and you had been on my mind, but I thought you weren't returning. That was such a great moment when I heard you were coming back.
If you hadn't come back then, I wonder if you and I would have grown to know each other at all. I remember the times you talk about, and they certainly weren't easy ones for you. But, we were all blessed to be able to pray for your mom and to hold you up in a rough time. It's what the church is all about.
Praise God for His hand on your mom and for His working His mysterious and wonderful ways in your life!
It was a tough and scarey time, but through people like you God showed me His love and faithfullness and the burden was not all that heavy as many were shouldering it along with me. My mom too felt the love and prayers that lifted her to stength and health.
I'm so glad your mom is cancer free. Thank you for leading me to Prayers in the Park where I too had a divine appointment. Bless you Mrs P
Post a Comment