Tis the season for lots of lasts. The last soccer, or baseball game. The last day of school. There are field days to prepare for. End of school picnics. Preschool, Kindergarten, High School and college graduations. It's a busy time. Lately I've heard many a mom's heavy sigh as she is trying her best to get it all done, and do it in a memorable way. There need to be more hours in the day so we can properly wrap up this school year and prepare a fun filled, yet educational summer. It's so easy to get overwhelmed with it all and to forget to enjoy these fleeting moments. Take deep breath with me and lets pray.
Dear God,
Give me strength today to do all the fun end of school year activities with my children. May I have joy as I prepare for my day the night before, anticipating the fun, instead of anxiety about how it is all going to come together. Please help me to remember that my children will remember my enjoyment and love more than the look of the cupcakes or decorations. In Jesus Name Amen.
Galatians 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. " (NIV)
Philippians 4:13 " I can do everything through him who gives me strength"(NIV)
Psalm 118:24 "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it"
2 comments:
I keep saying it's like a "second Christmas." Two birthdays a week apart plus all the close-of-school activities, the closure of all my activities. And when I think we're going to rest, really, summer is kicking in with more stuff.
I do need to open my eyes first thing and thank God for the day--period! Then, let Him lead the way....
Having things to do isn't bad, but stressing over the things to do isn't good.
(I'm breathing, for the moment....)
Your prayer was so precious. I need to remember just what you said, it's not the "stuff", its the attitude. Amen, amen.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Post a Comment