The other night (well it took us two nights) my husband and I watched Evan Almighty. In the movie Evan talks to God about his career plans, plans for his house, and plans his family had made. God laughs at Evan's plans. Just as he does at our plans. I am a big planner. I also like lists and I make goals of when I want to complete things. God chuckles allot at me I am sure. For He already knows the plan- and it's not about my lists and my time table. It's about bringing glory to Him. A week ago I made plans, with a dear friend, to go to an outdoor mall so our girls could play in the fountains and sprinklers. The boys had planned on swim team practice and my husband had planned a game of capture the flag for scouts. Yesterday was rainy and cool. God had other plans for us! For me it is key to remember that I need to be flexible and open for a change in my plans so that I can be ready for what God wants me to do each day!
Dear God,
I am truly thankful that you are in charge of "the plan" and it is not up to me! When plans change may I look at them as opportunities instead of dissappointments. You have given me this day to bring glory to You. In Jesus name, Amen.
Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" (NIV)
Psalms 33:10-12 "The Lord foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the puposes of his heart through all generations. Blessed is th nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance.
Jeremiah 29:11 " "For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." --Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997)
2 comments:
What a great blog. It's true, I know I make God laugh all the time. Praise him that HE knows the plans he has for me, and they are for hope and a future!
I loved this post! It was fun to hear Mother Teresa's quote!! We sure do think we "know it all" don't we. I am so glad that God has our lives in His hands. I am really trying to walk behind Him right now, following His lead. Every time I start to bolt ahead of Him I lose my peace. I am so thankful for His ever presence in our lives. :)
Post a Comment