One night this week, my middle son made a poster that read, "folow the lord". He also drew pictures of feet- I think he traced his own and his little sisters. He wanted this displayed in his room so I taped it to his door. I asked him if there was any particular reason he made this sign- he did not have a reason- he said he wanted it for his room. In Sunday School their unit study is on Go and Tell. Our Sunday School director is a dynamic woman for God. She is passionate about teaching children about the love of Christ for each one of them. She wants to make sure they all learn it by experiencing the lessons in different ways so every learning style can be nurtured. The children learn the lesson in four ways, drama/story telling, cooking, art and games/science. Each week they go to a new station to learn the same lesson but in a different way. When they complete the stations she brings them all together and they review what they have learned. It is so wonderful to see and hear as they call out the answers to her questions! They really get it and they are excited about it! Then she has them journal about something pertainate to the lesson and at the end of the year they will get to keep their books.
Dear God,
I am thankful for the people you have placed in my children's lives that help them learn more about you. May they learn to apply scriptures to their daily lives so that Your Word can come alive for them in every day circumstances. In Jesus Name, Amen
Matthew 28:10 "Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee, there they will see me."(NIV)
Matthew 18:5 "And whoever welcomes a litle child like this in my name welcomes me." (NIV)
Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. (NIV)
Mark 16: 15 "He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation." (NIV)
Dear God,
I am thankful for the people you have placed in my children's lives that help them learn more about you. May they learn to apply scriptures to their daily lives so that Your Word can come alive for them in every day circumstances. In Jesus Name, Amen
Matthew 28:10 "Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee, there they will see me."(NIV)
Matthew 18:5 "And whoever welcomes a litle child like this in my name welcomes me." (NIV)
Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. (NIV)
Mark 16: 15 "He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation." (NIV)
5 comments:
I LOVE it when our kids "get" it. And your middle fellow definitely "got" it!
You're definitely changing up your children in the way they should go. And what a blessing they have others in their lives (like the Sunday School Teacher) to also train them.
It is such an amazing blessing and also exciting as we will get to watch God in our children's lives! Last night Baby B said the night time prayer just out of the blue "Thank you God for this day, for the brudders, thank you for Mommy and Daddy, thank you for our friends, and for the supper, um um In Jesus Name, Amen. Chuck and I got a bit teary eyed! Joyous day!
Where's the picture of this adorable poster? I'd love to see it. I love the childrens class at your church. Is this idea her own or did she find it somewhere and we can share it with our church?
Sonya,
I will find out. The curriculum is printed out so it must be a new way of teaching that is out there. I will get back to you on that! I just took a picture so I will post it!
I love the picture! It's a keepsake. How precious. :)
Post a Comment