Yesterday was what I like to call a lazy daisy day! My youngest and I stayed in our pajamas until almost eleven! We snuggled on the couch and watched Sesame Street together, read (it must have been at least one hundred) books and played dolls. It was fun to take it easy and put my "to do" list aside. Perhaps I was a bit indulgent for "taking the day off" but I really was in need of the restful day and my daughter was happy to oblige. The laundry and house cleaning are still there, and not at all upset I did not tackle them. My husband did not complain that I never even made the bed. It was good to slow down, besides what does my "busy-ness" have to do with what God has planned. Today is a new day and I feel refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to tackle whatever God has in store!
Dear God,
Thank you for the relaxing day You gave for refueling and refreshment. May I continue to give my load to You, so as we shoulder it together, I can see my "to dos" as You see them, and truly keep things in a more eternal perspective. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Matthew 11: 28-30 ""Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (NIV)
Psalm 23: 1-2 "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters he restores my soul." (NIV)
Genesis 2:2 "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from His work." (NIV)
Mark 1:35 "Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where He prayed." (NIV)
2 comments:
Your blog was so good. It is definitely important to have those occasional lazy days. As for that to do list, even if you had completed it yesterday, it would be full again today. I need to get started on mine now...if only I could find it....
P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog.
Like the update to your blog! Very cheery....nice photo of you, too!
I loved lazy daisy days BEFORE kids. For some reason, I can't seem to do a lazy daisy day with the kids, unless they're sick. I can't explain my block on hanging out in PJs all day; I would LOVE to do that. I think it's giving myself permission to do just what you describe. Why is that so horrible??
Summer makes it harder to hang out inside, unless it rains. Perhaps I need to declare all rainy summer days "Lazy Daisy Days."
Post a Comment