One of my daughter's favorite movies is the Disney version of Cinderella. My favorite part is when she wakes up in the morning singing as she goes about her daily chores. Calmly caring for all of the animals and her family- Managing her household peacefully and while singing beautifully. She even makes scrubbing the floor look as relaxing as a bubble bath! I would love it if I went about my household management with such a relaxing attitude. It takes a bit more effort for me to be cheerful and calm in the mornings. I do try to sing and dance while doing the vacuuming. I guess I am doing a good job because my little girl wants a vacuum cleaner so she can help! Now she uses her dolls stroller and pushes it along with me singing- not always the same song- loudly!
Dear God,
May we find joy in being helpful and kind. May we see and honor You in everything that we do! Grant us the gift of a song in our hearts while we work! In Jesus Name, Amen.
I Corinthians 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. "(NIV)
Colossians 3: 23 "Whatever you do, work at it with all you heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."(NIV)
3 comments:
What a great idea. I used to turn on Contemporary Christian music when we cleaned the house and you know it did help to motivate us and it always lifted our moods. I'll try it again this morning!
One note, Cinderella actually had the animals helping her with the chores!! That would be nice! ;)
I'm not sure how Cinderella coped with anything given her family situation.
Wouldn't it be interesting if someone made a "Christian Cinderella," and we got to see her not just sing the songs from her heart, but praying, studying the Bible from "her dungeon" in the turret. She could be ministered to by angels instead of a fairy godmother. But, I digress.
I need to find a way to beat the "sweeping the kitchen floor AGAIN" blues, so I will give this a try. (I can't whistle!)
I'd love to be a fly on the wall, watching you & your Daughter singing opposing songs as the vacuum screams its own tune! Wow. Chaos!
For me its the laundry that gets me down...perhaps I need to get singing too. Although then the windows start shattering and I have a whole new problem. haha.
Post a Comment