The sermon this Sunday at church matched where we are in our family devotion time. This, of course perked my ears as I was eager to gain better insight, gleaning wisdom from our Pastor. The Scripture passages were from Joshua chapters 1-3.
It was an exciting time as the Israelites were about to cross over the Jordan and enter the Promised land. But also a scary time as they'd been slaves in Egypt for 400 some years and then wandering in the desert for 40 years so they probably felt allot like I do about big challenges -a bit unsure of myself. When God gives a job He also gives a promise! Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."(NIV) God also had told Joshua to "meditate" on God's Word day and night. In order to hear God and know what to do, we have to be in His Word.
When they did cross the river they were commanded by God to follow behind the ark of the covenant of the Lord. "Follow it so that you may know the way you should go, for you have not passed this way before" Joshua 3:4 There are many ways that are new to us and unknown, what a blessing to follow God. The flooded banks of the Jordan were held back so that the entire nation of Israelites could cross over on dry land.
I was very excited to share with the boys when we got home!
Dear God,
I pray my children rely on the promise that You will be with them wherever they go. May they desire to read Your Word everyday. May they trust in You and follow You for they will pass new ways they've never been before. I know You will get them there on dry land! In Jesus Name, Amen.
Proverbs 3: 5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding".
Psalms 119:105 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path ."
2 comments:
I love that Joshua verse. I share it with my D#1 when she is nervous about her after-school activities & programs.
What a wonderful blessing, that God will be with us everywhere.
Thank you so much for sharing this. I will be memorizing some of those verses in Joshua as they are really ministering to my heart right now! I feel like God is leading me down a brand new path in my life. Whenever we must enter the unknown we tend to become fearful so these scriptures are honey to my soul! Keep Blogging!
Post a Comment