Thursday, May 15, 2008

Praying that our light will shine

At MOPS yesterday I heard a great devotion about letting your light shine. First of all imagine your young ones singing “This little light of mine, I’m going to let it shine” …… She talked about how this light is not our light but Jesus light shining through us as Jesus is the light of the world. She asked us is our light shining. Something to think about, especially for me on those busy days running here and there trying to get it all done. Do others see Jesus light shining through me? I see Jesus shining in my children all of the time (I think God plans it that way to help us be more patient with them!) Yesterday my little girl and one of her friends chorused Jesus loves me and Jesus Loves the Little Children –it was heart warming. My big boys, who at the bus stop would rather I not kiss them in public, snuggle down for hugs, piling on our big bed for devotion time. Their willingness to share what ever food we have with -well- anyone! I see Jesus light in my husband , leading us in prayer as I felt overwhelmed and over tired after a busy day, wondering how we are going to get it all done. I see Jesus light in the love many moms gave to the volunteers today at MOPS-letting them know that their volunteering really made a difference to them this year. I see Jesus light in the many smiles and tears as a beautiful Thank you song was sung. It was a special especially bright day!
Dear God,
Let the light of Your love shine out of our lives so as to be a beacon to others. Help us also to see Your light in others so that we do not miss out on a single blessing You have for us! In Jesus Name, Amen.
John 8:12 “When Jesus spoke again to the people he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (NIV)
Matthew 5:13-16 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise you Father in heaven.”

3 comments:

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Oh sweet woman of God. Just by sharing your soul here on your blog you are letting Jesus' light shine through you!

I have found that the real key for me is to be so full of the Lord that it just spills onto others.

I do this by having daily times in the Word of God, journaling and praying continually. Also adding in praise times throughout the day and you'll be amazed how full of God you will be. :)

Kelly said...

I see your light shining every day! And your entire family is a prism of light reflecting God's love! We are blessing to have you in our lives.

Thank you for reflecting God's light and lighting the way for others with your brilliant reflections. (pun intended!)

Anonymous said...

Is your light shining? Absolutely. It is reflected here in your thoughts and sheds itself upon readers like me. As a child of God, I am working hard to magnify my light. You are an inspiration to me as I learn to shine more brightly through Him.
Kara